Starting Slow

Jada left the hospital the next day and went to school 2 weeks later.

She woke up that morning not wanting to go anywhere. But she'd missed almost a month of school and she knew she had to go.

"Here," Huey said as she ate breakfast. He handed her a heart locket with wings on it.

"Where did you get this?" Jada asked, only looking at it.

"It used to belong to mom. She wanted you to have it and I think you should have it now."

Jada didnt say anything, only staring at the locket.

"C-can you put it on?" Jada asked. Huey nodded. Jada pushed her hair up and Huey swung the locket over her neck.

"Now go get dressed, we leave in 5 minutes."

After she ate, Jada got dressed.

She wore a cropped grey hoodie with a red tank top under it, black leggings and grey Adidas with white stripes. She also wore hoops and the locket her mother left behind for her.

Jada was really quiet and often had to leave class to take medicine

Huey and Riley kept a constant eye out for their sister. If anyone said anything to her, they were gonna pay big time.

It was English, and Jada switched her spots with Riley.

Hiro noticed looking over towards them.

"Nigga don't act like you ain't try to hit on my sister," Riley growls. "Avert yo eyes elsewhere!"

Hiro quickly turned, not wanting to irritate Riley more.

Someone walked through the door, catching everyone's attention, except Jada who was still writing.

"Class, we have a new student!" Their teacher announced. Jada finally looked up and a small smirk appeared on her face.

Ming caught Jada's eye and she rolled her own.

"Ms. Long-Dou, you can sit next to Mr. Otomo towards the back."

Ming only nodded, sitting next to Hiro. Hiro looked over by her,

"I thought you didn't do American schools," He mocks.

"Shut up," was all she mumbled.

Ming looked over at Jada who went back to her work. She noticed the cast on her leg and raised a brow.

"What happened to her?"

"You didn't hear? Jada got hit by a car," Hiro answers.

Ming tried to hide the shock on her face.

"Did you finally learn you lost your chance?"

Hiro sighs,

"Yea. She's with Caesar now so-"