Never Alone

Jada sat in court handcuffed. Huey was allowed to attend the trial as well, being able to testify. Riley and Jazmine sat near Tom who was next to Jada.

On the other side sat Samantha and her lawyer, her parents behind them.

"All rise!" The officer says. The judge walks in and court was in session.

"Ms. Freeman, you have been charged with assault. How do you plea?"

"Not guilty, your honor," Jada says.

"And why's that?"

"It was self defense. Ms. Parker attempted to hit me first-"

"That's a lie!" Samantha yells.

"Objection! Ms. Parker you will not interrupt in my court room!" The judge turns back to Jada. "Continue, Ms. Freeman."

"Well, as I was saying, Ms. Parker attempted to hit me first. In retaliation, she was assaulted," Jada used air quotes when she said assaulted.

"I see. Mr. Dubois, you have evidence ?"

Tom stands, nodding.

"Yes, your honor, I do," Tom hands the officer a hard drive and sits back down.

"And who recovered this evidence?"

"Mr. Huey Freeman, your honor. The defendants brother."

"Interesting."

The judge watches the video, seeing Samantha trying to hit Jada first.

"Well, this is all the evidence right here," the judge looks towards Samantha. "Ms. Parker, am I being mistaken?"

"No your honor!" Samantha's lawyer speaks out. "She lied and she tried to cover up what she did!"

"Nathan!"

The judge nods,

"Ms. Freeman, you are free to go," and with a smash of his mallet, Jada was free.

"Your honor, what about Mr. Freeman. He only did what he did to help Jada."

"Actually, the footage was just given to me," Huey admits.

"Given to you? By whom?"

"I believe Ms. Parker gave me the evidence."

"Do you have any proof?"

Huey blinked. He honestly didn't.

"No but-"

"But we do!" Hiro and Ming stood from the back of the court, handed the police officer a tape recorder.

"Where did you find this?" The judge asks.

"It was in the hallway on the floor," Hiro says.

The judge raised an eye brow before listening to it.

"The plan is going good. That Jada brat is behind bars, her nosey brother soon will be too, and Hiro will be all to me. All I have to do is give Huey the dumb tape to get him out the way and I'm home free."

Everyone stared at Samantha who sank in her seat.

"Ms. Parker, you are in a lot of trouble!"

Jada and Hutey were relaased, both grabbing their clothes from the Juvenile Center.

Jada, Huey, and Riley went straight to the hospital were Robert laid, watching TV.

"Y'all got released?" He asks. The three don't say anything. They just go to the war vet and sob at the side of his bed.

"We were so worried," Jada cries.