2. all the young dudes

On the Tuesday, I got a phone call from Martha, after having not heard from her for a few weeks while she's away with Inspiral Carpets.

"Alright babe," I greeted my best mate as I answered, "how's the tour been? Are you like one of the only girls?"

"It's been alright yeah, and yeah I am there's maybe like another girl but she's a proper bitchy cow," she told me, bitterness evident in her voice. I bet she slept with a man she was after, resulting in classic Martha behaviour, "I'm the youngest by a mile though."

"Oh right, who've you been hanging round with then?" I asked her, as her only being 18 usually poses a threat to her talking to people in their 20s, i.e. The majority of the roadies.

"There's just like a couple of lads who I go for a pint with," she told me, "Noel Gallagher and Mark somat."

"Ey is he Liam's brother?"

"Yeah, I didn't think you knew Liam like?"

"I met him the other night at Oasis' gig," I laughed, reminiscing at the state in which I found my self, "he bought us a drink at the end of the night and got me a taxi to go home cos I was pure smashed."

"Did he not try and shag you?" She asked with a laugh, surprised at the kindness which he had shown me.

"Yeah but I was like 'ohhh nor mate you're souuuund I'm not gonna sleep with you," I replied, exaggerating the words which were most likely elongated in my drunken state.

"Christ, that's new," she said, "if you're gonna shag him, just know he's shagged half of Manchester, so no offence but you wouldn't be anything special to him."

"Eyar leave off, I'm not gonna shag him man and I understand the concept of one night stands," I said defensively.

"Nor I just mean he'll go out wi' ya until you let him shag ya a few times then he won't ring you again," she explained herself, not that there was any need for it as I wasn't going to be shagging Liam anytime soon, "but I know what you mean, he is sound as a mate. I just know that's what he done to Julia, and Katie, arguably the prettiest girls to ever live EVER."

"Right, right, I get you but I was never planning on shagging him you fuckin melt."

Soon after, the conversation ended as one of the lads came into the room she was in and said they were going to the pub. But then, just as Corrie was about to start, there was a knock on the front door.

I looked out of my bedroom window and seen Liam with his hands in the pockets of his jacket. Deciding it was better if my mam didn't see him, to save the awkwardness, I ran downstairs and opened the front door.

"Alright?" He asked as I opened the door with furrowed eyebrows, "You're looking nice." I looked down at myself, dressed in a dirty adidas jumper and a pair of pyjama bottoms.

"Alright, d'ya want to come in?" I asked him, shocked and moved away from the door to allow him to enter.

"Should I take my shoes off?"

"Nah you're alright, it's probably best my mam doesn't know you're here anyway cos she just done the tea and she'll give you the scraps feeling guilty." I walked up the stairs to go back into my bedroom and gestured for him to follow.

"I would've rang ya right, but I couldn't make out your number on me hand," he started explaining with an embarrassed laugh, "and I couldn't get me hands on the yellow pages in me house, but I remembered the street you told the taxi driver."

"Oh right," I said, relieved to be enlightened on how Liam found my address, and the redness was released from my cheeks, "d'ya want me to write it down again for you? Cos I'm not being funny but I'm not ready to go out for a drink now."