21. me you, we two

Unfortunately, it ended up being that I couldn't stay over at Graham's due to the lad that was already stopping on the couch and there being no alternative sleeping arrangement.

However, that meant that me and Archie were gonna have an absolute time in London together. He's been wittering on to me everyday about how we need to hit at least one gay bar, not that he's planning on pulling, just for the experience - or so he says.

And for the first time in weeks Liam came in the shop, and he was on his own.

"Holly!" He shouted, and I looked up excitedly to see him as a smile grew on my face. But it soon dropped as I seen the look on his face was one of annoyance. "Where the fuck have you been lately? I've hardly fucking seen you in over a month, and you can't blame it on your modelling thing I know you don't do that that often. Have you got a new best mate or something?"

"What the fuck Liam?" I asked shocked. It was a good thing the shop was empty or I'd be getting my hours cut again for unprofessionalism. "You've not bothered with me since you got your fucking bird, who's a fucking nutter might I add."

"You can't fucking talk about her like that," he said to me angrily, "you're the one who's been fucking off to the Groucho every other night with me brother and the rest of our mates. You're meant to be my best mate and you've not even invited me to your fucking exclusive club."

"Liam, I'm sorry," I said. I knew I was in the wrong for not inviting him to the Groucho, "I wanted to invite you, and I should have done but-"

"But you thought I'd invite our Erin, yeah I know," he spat, and my eyes pricked as we'd never had an actual serious argument and I've never been able to cope well with arguing with friends.

"She's got it out for me mate," I told him, "she's been trying to stop us being mates."

"Nor she fucking hasn't," he said, growing impatient with me when in reality I was telling the truth and he was blinded by the promise of tits from her.

"Liam, she literally fucking said to me 'orr you need to fucking stay away from Liam' going on like 'if you need to see Liam I'll be coming as well... orr his business is my business now.' She's a fucking crank man," I ranted at him, trying to get him to believe me.

"You didn't even tell me you were going down to London," he said sadly, calming himself down.

"I'm only going down for two nights," I told him with a chuckle.

"You're taking Gay Arch, aren't you?" He asked and I nodded, "I would've come if you'd asked."

"Yeah cos you're girlfriend would've let you," I commented without considering the potential backlash, and I hoped he wasn't going to erupt again.

"I'd've told her to fuck right off," he laughed, "I think she's just jealous of you cos you're a model an' that."

"Come down with me and Arch," I offered.

"Nah I can't afford it anyway," he shrugged, "I hope you don't move down London. Like I hope you do well and that but I don't want you to move away."

I clicked my tongue sympathetically and moved from behind the counter to give him a hug that it seemed we had both been needing in the weeks which we hadn't been talking or seeing enough of each other.

"You coming down the pub after work then?" He proposed to me with a smirk, "Just me and you."

"Yeah mate, course," I smiled at him and he walked out of the door.