20. everyday is like a sunday

I was in the pub, surprise surprise, but I was on my own. Martha had finally gotten a tour sorted with her band, who were actually so good, I was so proud of her. Liam had Erin. Lucy was with Noel. Archie was working the shifts I had off, now that business had slowed again.

You'd think, since I have all these really good friends, that I'd always have someone to be around.

I knew how pathetic I looked, I was moping at the bar idly watching the football at 3 in the afternoon over a pint on a Wednesday.

"Alright, love?" Rob greeted me and I jumped. I wasn't expecting anyone, let alone him.

"Alright mate," I said miserably.

"How you doing?" He asked me sympathetically.

"I've been better," I told him, taking a drink of my pint.

"Well you better fucking perk up," he said, "Levi's want you, and you'd have to go down to London for the shoot."

"What?" I asked with wide eyes. "Where would I stay? That's gonna be mega for me!"

"Yeah I know," he said, shrugging.

"Oh well I'm glad you can shrug over it. I'm fucking skint," I said worriedly. He's only making my day worse at this point.

"Here's the thing, darl," he interrupted me, "The sales for this collection of Originals have gone through the roof, so you'll be getting paid in the next week or something. Levi's are offering good money and the shoots not till the 25th , and I thought you knew a lad in London, can't you ask him if you could stop at his?"

"Well not really, he's in a band so he's always busy," I said awkwardly, avoiding telling Rob that I slept with him.

"See if your mate, what's he called... Liam will come with you and split the price for a hotel room," Rob suggested and I tutted, rolling my eyes.

"Oh no, his girlfriend won't allow that," I said, sarcastically, "anyway, he's skint as well."

"Ask you're mate," he said, referring to Graham again. "This is bigger than our Adidas, it's trendier so the models get more recognition. It's not something you want to pass up."

"I don't know if I want to do this Rob," I sighed. I'd been thinking about this a lot recently, I had hardly been seeing my friends because of it, and I was fine just working in the record shop. Yeah I was on the dole but I was happier.

"Do what?"

"Be a model, do all this. I'm not cut out for it all, I'm from Heaton Chapel for God's sake."

"You're a fucking idiot," he plainly stated before standing up. "Give me a ring when you've stopped being a fanny."

I felt even worse now. I felt like my world was imploding on me. All my best friends were tied up with their own things, and fair enough that's what happens when you grow up - but not when you're 19! This is meant to be our time for cherishing friendship.

I decided to go see Archie at work, since my dad wasn't gonna be bothered. I knew he only had about an hour left anyway, I just prayed he didn't have something else on after work.

I walked down the backstreets to get to the shop and opened the door to Archie looking as equally depressed as me in the almost empty shop.

"Babe!" He exclaimed as he heard the door chime and seen my face emerge from behind the frosted windowed door.

"Alright Arch," I said with a huff, taking a seat next to him behind the till.

"How you doing? You look like someone's had a shit on your head," he said and I chuckled slightly.