26. what we haven't got yet

I grabbed Archie's hand and pulled him up to his feet from the booth - he wasn't even talking to anyone anymore, just lying there staring drunkenly into space.

I was spinning slightly but I wasn't as smashed as I could've gotten.

We said goodbye to Graham and his friends and we got the tube back into Soho, since neither of us could be arsed to walk.

"This feels dodgy at night, doesn't it?" Arch said to me as we sat down on the almost empty carriage.

"Yeah," I giggled and when we reached our station, we stumbled out of the train, knocking into each other.

There were crowds of people lining the casinos and an endless amount of dodgy people lingering in the abundant back alleys.

We kept holding hands, both feeling safe in the romantic relationship which we were conveying to other people, until we reached our hostel.

There was the same girl from earlier sat on the stairs with a baby in her hands, who was sound asleep.

Our room was as ugly as we left it, although I wasn't too fussed about the complications that the room posed now. I just wanted to get to bed.

I slid off my shoes and flipped onto the bed, and Archie did the same - neither of us bothering to get under the covers in this heat.

I lied trying to get to sleep for about 20 minutes, but to no avail, and I seen the time was 20 past 1 so, in my drunken brain I thought it would be a good idea to ring Martha.

"Hello?" She said tiredly from the phone in her room.

"Hiya babe," I said, equally as tired but with a clumsy slur to my words.

"You alright?" She said. "How's London?"

"Yeah it's alright, we were just in Camden today," I told her. "You know Graham? The lad I slept with?"

"Yeah?"

"He wants to get you's as a support," I told her, "he didn't even know you were my mate but he was at your gig and he's right into you's."

"Oh my god," she said, "that's mint. He's just got an album out as well hasn't he?"

"Yeah."

"Maaaaaate."

-

I got dressed the next day and made my way through London with Archie to get to the studio where the Levi's shoot was.

We met Rob off the train at King's Cross and he walked over to me and Archie with a smile and the classic Mancunian swagger.

"Alright?" He said as he walked over to me. "I bumped into your friend on my way to the station, Holly."

"Who?" I asked, furrowing my eyebrows.

"Your mate... the lad... the one who was there when I scouted you," he explained.

"Oh yeah, Liam," I said.

"He's a good mate him," Rob said, nodding his head, "he was asking if you'll ever have to move away."

"Bless him, he was asking me that the other day," I said, crossing my arms across my chest. "We going then?"

"Yeah."

He directed us down south bank before we came to the studio where a Levi's representative was meeting us.

The studio was a white rendered building, and a glass door displayed the name of the studio overhead written in a funky sixties font.