Helplessness

I don't give myself time to panic, I pull out my phone and call Cragen.

"Captain. She's gone." I say, not giving him a chance to say anything, "He got her. Morrow got Liv."

I didn't even realize I was crying until the tears hit my chest.

My wife is gone.

That monster has her.

"Elliot breath." He says, "I'll be there in less than two minutes."

He hangs up and I open the front door.

"Detective Stabler, is there a problem?" The officer asks.

"Yeah there's a fucking problem, my wife is gone!" I rage at him, "How the fuck does that happen? You two personally checked all the windows and you were standing guard at the door?! How did this even happen?"

"What do you mean she's gone?" He asks.

"My wife is nowhere to be found." I say angrily, "And there's a pool of blood in our bathroom. So how the fuck does that happen? Huh? Because when I left, she was fine! I leave her alone for 10 minutes with you incompetent 5 year olds and she gets kidnapped!"

The elevator opens and Cragen steps out, the rage written on his face.

"How did this happen?" He asks stoically.

"I left to go get dinner and Liv was gonna get in the shower and when I got back, this two were chatting up a fuckin storm but as soon as I walk into the bathroom I see a pool of blood and an open fucking window and my wife is missing." I say angrily.

"Are you fucking joking?!" Cragen yells at them. "We left an NYPD Detective in protective custody with you two and in all of 10 minutes she's kidnapped and you don't even notice?!"

Both of them look like they're about to cry.

"I'll have your fucking badges within the goddamn hour!" He yells, "You two will never work as cops in the state of New York, ever again."

The elevator opens again and three crime scene techs, Munch, Fin, Casey

"What've we got?" Casey asks.

"Liv's gone." Cragen says, "There's blood in the bathroom, not sure if it's Liv's or Morrows and the bathroom windows open. Her clothes are on the floor. He couldn't have gone very far with a naked woman without someone noticing so he must've had a car waiting."

"I already have the warrant for his place, there's beat cops there now with crime scene techs and three lieutenants from homicide searching for anything that might lead us to Liv." Casey says.

"The entire NYPD is searching for her." Fin says, "We pulled undercovers from narcotics, homicide and human trafficking, they're reaching out to contacts who knew Morrow before his arrest and anyone he might have maintained contact with after prison."

"Thanks, means a lot." I say.

Everyone is crying or on the verge of tears.

Casey throws her arms around me.

"We're gonna catch that bastard." She whispers, "And when we do. I'll make sure he never sees the light of day."

"Thanks, Case." I say tiredly, hugging her back.

The elevator opens again and the Chief of D's steps out with some man I've never met.

"Who are you?" I ask bluntly.

"I'm Captain Henderson." He says gruffly, "You're Detective Stabler?"

"Yeah, that's me." I say.