Zola

"Liv, come on, lets go home." Elliot says quietly.

"No, Elliot, not until we find." I say frustratedly.

"Baby it's been four days." Elliot says, kneeling next to my desk.

"Elliot, we're the only ones looking for Zola." I say tiredly. "Her parents are dead and all of her family in Uganda is dead, we can't just stop looking!"

"Baby," He says quietly, "We are no good to Zola if we can't function. The press conference is in an hour, you can sleep for a half an hour and it won't be the end of the world."

I nod my head and he takes my hand.

Not finding Zola isn't an option. This is my fault. Walter Cross raped Zola's mother Sera and I arrested him. Walter got out on bail and he and his wife Roxanne murdered Sera, and Zola's father Nwabudikae and kidnapped Zola. Walter was shot and killed when uniforms interrupted the kid napping but Roxanne made it out with Zola.

I drop into a bed in the cribs and Elliot lags down behind me, his arms wrapped tightly around me, his hands on my belly.

"Sleep, baby." He says quietly, "I'll wake you up in time to get ready."

I curl up against his body, immediately fall asleep, not even realizing how tired I was.

I wake up to the soft sound of Elliot's voice.

"Liv, baby, we gotta get ready." He says quietly.

I nod my head through a yawn.

We both get up, changing from our days old clothes into our uniforms.

"Fuck me, this is tight." I say.

Elliot laughs.

I throw my hair into a ponytail growing as I look down at the uniform. I always hated being in uniform.

"Come on, Love." He says, kissing my forehead as we walk down the stairs.

We make our way to the front of the building where the camera crew stands.

We stand in front of the doorway and Elliot takes the picture of Zola from Cragen. 

They start the cameras and give us the cue to start.

"In light of the recent events that have transpired in the midst of a case, we've come to the public for help." Elliot says.

"Four days ago African born infant, Zola Lusimbi went missing." I say as Elliot holds up holds up her picture, "Zola is five months old. The last time she was seen she was wearing a purple onesie. She is believed to have been taken by Roxanne Cross. If anyone had any information about Zola's whereabouts, please call the number on your screen. Thank you."

The cameras stop rolling and we both walk back into the precinct, immediately heading for the cribs to change out of our uniforms.

We get dressed in new clothes before heading back downstairs.

Cragen pulls the four of us into his office.

"Alright guys, the four of you are on the phones." He says. "Any tips with possibly valid information are investigated quickly and efficiently. By  Benson and Stabler. While two of you are out checking in tips Novak and Lake while take your places answering phones."