Wildlife

We've been at work since 10 o'clock last night. And it's 11 pm.

Elliot's undercover right now. He was supposed to call and check in an hour ago. Cragen told me not to worry about it but I am, I'm worried.

I get up, walking into Cragens office.

"Captain it's been an hour." I say.

"Alright, Liv, go to the house. Make sure he's okay." He says.

"Thanks, Captain." I say.

I grab my jacket and the keys to our sedan jogging to the car.

I clip my hair back to keep it out of my face.

I just need to see him. See him with my own eyes. Make sure he's okay.

These animal smugglers are dangerous. They've got a body count of 15 already and my husband is not going to be number 16.

I park the car a block away from the house we set Elliot up in.

I knock on the door and he opens it quickly. He was asleep. He's in his boxers.

He grabs my wrist pulling me in the door.

"Are you crazy? They could have somebody watching the place..." He says, shutting and locking the door.

"Elliot we lost contact with you. I had to come." I say, "Why aren't you answering the cell phone we gave you?"

"Because they took it along with my wallet. There was nothing I could do about it." He says.

I take my jacket off, pulling my phone out of it and handing it to him.

"Okay, so take mine and hide it somewhere." I say, handing him my phone. "And that way I'll tell Cragen that you have it."

"Tell Kathy too." He says, "I case anything happens with the kids. You take mine. It's in my desk."

"Elliot you can't not check in with us." I say, I was worried about you."

"Liv, what the hell am I supposed to do?" He asks, "Tell the bad guys I need my phone back because my wife is upset that I can't answer the damn phone?"

"You have to find a way to let us know that you're okay." I say.

The doorknob starts rattling and we both look at each other.  Someone pounds on the door.

"Mike! Open the door!" Bushido yells, pounding his fists on the door. "Mike let us in!"

"That's them. That's them. Okay. Go in the back. Here. Take this. Take this. Go in there." He says tossing my phone at me and shoving me into the back bedroom.

I shut the door quickly as he runs back out front.

The front door opens and I hear a mans voice.

"Mike, who were you just talking to?" He asks.

"What?" Elliot asks.

"Who were you talking to?" He yells.

"Nobody." Elliot says.

"You wearing ladies' panties too?" A second mans voice asks.