CHRISTMAS DAY

SEVEN DAYS UNTIL CHRISTMAS

Christmas Day

Luke.

On Christmas morning, I was awoken by someone licking my cheek, which made me giggle and open my eyes. I was expecting Calum if I was being sincere, but the face of a yorkie puppy made me almost scream. I contained myself because I knew I would scare the puppy that had a bow on their collar.

"Aren't you the cutest little one" I took them in my arms and it snuzzled their nose against my chest making me coo. I looked at the collar and it said the puppy's name was Saturn, I looked to see and—yes it was a girl.

"It's my gift to you"

I jumped a little and looked up, staring at Calum with a smile on his tired face. "She kept me up all night, barking. And after I took her to sleep on my bed, she calmed, at two in the morning" He kept talking, walking over to me and ruffling Saturn's head, then kissing my lips briefly.

His eyes furrowed at my shocked reaction. "What?"

"Is she really mine?" I asked, with a lump in my throat.

"Do you not like her?" He asked, scared.

"I love her already" I cried. Like, literally cried with tears rolling down my face. "I've always wanted a puppy" I kept crying and Saturn started to lick my jaw and I just giggled while crying. Calum chuckled nervously and took my face between his hands.

"Well I'm glad you like her, love" Calum kissed my lips again, and he was about to keep kissing me, I already knew him that well, when Saturn started to bark making us separate.

"Holy fuck" I gasped. "I didn't buy you anything" I left Saturn on my bed, and she snuzzled on my pillow.

"You don't have to, Luke" Calum tried to reassure me but I just started pacing around the room with my head in my hands.

"I'm such a bad boyfriend, what the f—"

"Boyfriend?" Calum asked, surprised and I stopped pacing.

"What?" I tilted my head, confused.

"You called me your boyfriend" he grinned evilly and I looked at him with big eyes.

"That, was a mistake!"

"Sure" he answered sarcastically and I groaned.

"Fine, whatever. I admit it, I called you my boyfriend. And I also really really like y-" Lips were on mine before I could finish my sentence and I chuckled, bringing Calum closer to me as he licked my bottom lip.

Saturn started barking and we separated, my head resting on his chest. "Thank you"

"For what?" He asked, rubbing my back affectionately.

"For making me love Christmas, for Saturn and for being in my life" I place my chin on his chest so I was looking at him, he grinned and kissed my nose.

"I think I love you" he said and I licked my lips, trying to stop my smile.

"Tell me again without the I think, someday" I told him, kissing his stubbly chin and he closed his eyes, nodding.

"I will" he answered.

And even though I already knew I had fallen in love with Calum, I didn't dare say it. He will know eventually, it was too soon, even if he said he think he loves me. He can love me as a friend, who knows?