|| 1 ||

Because Haechan needs love~ I call him Donghyuck in the story!~

Narae's POV:

"Narae?" I kept my attention on my video game instead of answering, knowing well enough that it would annoy my mom eventually.

"Honey?" This time it wasn't my mom's voice, but the voice I had been longing to hear the whole week and I was out of my room in a matter of seconds.

Quickly making my way down the stairs, I felt excitement rush through me and when I saw the boy, I couldn't help but jump on him.

"Hello, best friend is here as well!" I let go of Haneul and jumped on Gayeon.

"Oh god, I missed you guys so much! How was your trip to Thailand?" Haneul shrugged at my question and wrapped an arm around me, before pecking my cheek.

"It was great! I saw a really cute guy there and I even got his number!" Gayeon squealed and Haneul rolled his eyes at his twin sister.
"Don't roll your eyes, young man! You were like me, when you got a crush on my best friend and did I roll my eyes at you? Oh no, I didn't!" She snapped her fingers in front of his face, making his face flush.

"Could you guys, please, have a sass battle when I'm not around?" This made the twins laugh and we all made our way towards my room.

"So, how's life?" Haneul asked me and nuzzled his face into my neck, making me shrug.

"Nothing really changed.. Still the same boring life as always!" A sigh escaped me as Gayeon started spinning in my chair.

"Your life is not boring.. When I'm in your presence, nothing is boring!" She exclaimed dramatically, making my boyfriend snicker and he shook his head.

"Your presence makes everyone depressed." I slapped Haneul on the shoulder and Gayeon pouted.
"I make her happier than you do!" She stood up, making him stand up as well and I leaned back.

"Yeah, you wish!"

"Why are you so disrespectful? I'm older than you!"

"Older than me? Really? Only by a few minutes!"

Looking away from them, my thoughts started clouding everything and soon I couldn't even hear them argue anymore.

My attention had turned to a guy walking outside on the sideway, in nothing more but a sweater. He was wearing shoes and pants, of course.

A shiver went down my spine as I watched him disappear from my sight. Winter was just ending and the snow was just starting to disappear.

"Right, Narae?" My head snapped towards the twins as they watched me intensely, waiting for an answer and I slowly nodded my head.

"See! My girlfriend, obviously takes my side! What did you expect?" Gayeon sent me a playful glare, making me shrug and before I knew it, I was pinned down by her.
What Haneul said next, had all three of us laughing.

"Hey, only I should be allowed to do that!"

As I spend the day with my best friend and boyfriend, I started to wonder, if I ever would feel sad again with them in my life.

What could possibly make my life turn upside down?

**

Donghyuck's POV:

I sat down on the nearest stone and looked up at the sky as a sigh slowly left my lips. A cold breeze made me shiver and I wrapped my arms around myself, trying to keep myself warm.

••

"Shh, please don't cry.. Your mom is going to be okay." I mumbled as I shushed the crying girl I had in my arms and I felt her shake some more.

The shaking girl, was my friend, Dasom. Her mom had fainted, while we were hanging out at her house a few days ago and she was afraid. Afraid, something would happen and here I was, afraid of her getting hurt.

"Hyuck.. C-can we visit her?" Her trembling voice felt like a pang to the heart and with a nod, I stood up, dragging her with me.

"Now, don't cry anymore, trust me, she's going to be fine.. I promise." A small smile spread across her face as I wiped her tears away and she nodded.

"There's that lovely smile, I adore." A quiet giggle left her mouth and she shoved me away, before hugging my arm.

"You make me so happy, Hyuck.."

"That's my job."

*

"The doctors told us, she wasn't in a good condition.. She's going to die, isn't she?" Her lower lip started to tremble, immediately filling me with panic and I shook my head quickly.

Before she could start crying, I wrapped my arms around her and started rocking her back and forth as the nurse looked at us with an apologetic expression.

"No, no, no, she isn't. Your mom is a very strong woman and you know it.. Just get home and get some sleep, alright? Your dad and brother is waiting for you." She pulled away from the hug slightly with a small frown on her face and tears wetting her cheeks.
Wiping her cheeks, I gave her a small smile, but the frown didn't leave her face.

"What about you? What about my mom?" Her lip started trembling again, making me pull her into my arms again quickly and I started stroking her hair.

"Remember I promised, that she would be okay? I always keep my promises.. I'll have to check up on.. Someone from my family is here as well, so I'll have to give them a quick visit, okay? Now go catch up with your dad and brother." I pulled away from the hug.
It took her a few seconds, before she bolted away, leaving me in the room with her mother and the nurse.

"Miss, would you please get me a drink? I don't know where the cafeteria is." The nurse narrowed her eyes at me, before crossing her arms.

"It's down the hall an-"

"I'm really bad at directions, so you wouldn't waste your voice on telling me them, would you?" I gritted my teeth, slightly annoyed, since I wanted to get over with this as quickly as possible.

"Kids these days, I swear.." I rolled my eyes as she left the room, closing the door after her and I walked towards my best friend's mom.
"Adults these days.." I looked down at the woman.

"This needs to work!"

••

I needed to see her again, I needed to find Dasom.

But here was the thing.. I had no place to go and I knew nothing about this place.
I was completely lost.

So mission number one; find shelter.