|| 12 ||

Narae's POV:

The grip he had on my wrist was tight, and I wanted to rip his fingers off, but he had none of that, Donghyuck shouting in the background reached my ears, he was still standing by the doors.

"Haneul, let go, it hurts!" A quiet squeak left me, but it didn't seem to have an effect on him as no words were to leave his mouth as if his lips were sealed shut, and I only got another squeeze in response.

It was going to bruise.

Honestly, when he finally stopped walking, I had no idea where we were, it might have been an alleyway, and as I no longer heard Donghyuck, I knew we were far from him which made me feel really uneasy, because first of all, he was a fallen angel, who knew what tricks he had up his sleeve.

Second of all, I was alone with Haneul, whom I usually didn't feel the slightest worry about being alone with since we after all were in a relationship, but something was off about us now, and I think it might be because of how close I was with Donghyuck..

"Tell me why you were here with that guy again." Was the first thing he said as he, a bit harshly, let my back slam into the disgustingly red brick wall, a small yelp left me at the impact, and my eyes fluttered shut quickly, making sure my eyes didn't dry out.

"We.." Come on, Narae, where was your confidence?

"We were looking for a girl. A girl he's in love with." My voice left me steadier than expected, my eyes turning to look into his just for me to glare right into them, and I, with my rather strong arms, pushed him away from me.

Or my arms were strong compared to other girls, I wanted to be able to stand up for myself..

"Oh, and have you met this girl?" No, we were looking for her before you came.

I didn't say that.

"No Haneul, I have not, but they're close!" Trying my best, I tried to sound reasonable, I wanted him to realize he was in the wrong and not me, but it didn't seem to reach his fish-like brain as he, with frustration clear in his eyes, ruffled his hair.

"First you stand up for him, and now you're hanging out with him? Who knows if this girl even is real! She could be an excuse to hang out with you!" As a reflex my hands moved up to cover my ears, my body reacting on its own when a loud sound reached my ears, and I shook my head from side to side slowly.

"Haneul, he knows about us and that we were happily together-"

"Were?" His teeth were gritted, and he took a step closer to me, the space between us getting narrow, making me gulp slightly, a lump formed in my throat.

"Haneul.. You hit one of my best friends.." At the sound of that he, with a jerk, stepped back, his head buried in his hands in utter frustration, and when the sound of feet reached my ears, I felt myself calm down slightly.

A shadow appeared on the brick wall opposite of the one I had been pushed up against, and as soon as I saw the familiar jacket, I felt everything inside me turn calm, the exact opposite seemed to happen inside of Haneul.

"Is everything okay in here?" Confusion was clear in his voice, but before I could answer that it wasn't, Haneul had jumped into action, already holding Donghyuck by the collar, but as last time, Donghyuck showed no emotion.

Donghyuck quickly glanced at me, and his eyes never really left me, even though his head moved.

As if he was some kind of mind reader, he shook his head, after I had, in my mind, started figuring out what to do to break the two apart, it was like he didn't want me to get involved in this 'guy thing', but was I going to stay out of it?

Hell no.

No Narae, remember what Donghyuck told you.

Hell is a bad place.

"So you think you can use the excuse of another girl to hang out with my girlfriend." The way he emphasized the word 'my' when talking about me, made me shiver and not in a good way, which was something Donghyuck noticed as he hadn't moved his eyes from me.

"Well, my best friend has the right to hang out with me! And for your information, I can list all the information you need about this 'excuse of another girl', if you don't believe me!" Him using the same emphasizing on the same word didn't make me feel uncomfortable, and I almost laughed at Haneul's facial expression.

"Oh, you littl-" Donghyuck's hands had been hanging calmly by his sides, but quickly moved up to block the punch which came in his direction, and I rebelled against what Donghyuck had told me as I bolted forward, quickly pushing Haneul away.

A small smile was sent in my direction, and after gaining balance once again, Haneul was already making his way towards us once again, but before he could do anything, I had walked up in front of Donghyuck.

"Haneul you need to stop." Though my actions screamed confidence, everything else screamed fear, and Haneul looked at me as if I had betrayed him like I was the one who did something wrong, making a feeling of guilt appear in me.

Before an apology could leave me, I felt Donghyuck grab my arm lightly much to Haneul's glare, and he took a few steps back, his hands wrapped around my arm a lot gentler than the way Haneul held my wrist.

"We'll be going now." With that, he had dragged me away from my boyfriend, who was still standing there, shock clear on his face, and I turned to look at Donghyuck.

"I'm sorry.." To that he shook his head, our pace had slowed down, but he was still holding onto my arm, and his head turned to look at me, he sent a smile.

"Your safety is the most important thing right now."