|| 20 ||

Narae's POV:

"Math, math, math." I gave the guy walking beside me a weird look, and he only let out a groan in return as we made our way towards the classroom.

"Come on, it'll be fine, hopefully." It didn't seem to help as he let out yet another groan as soon as we walked into the classroom, and I let out a small snicker before taking my seat, Donghyuck slumping down beside me, grumbling nonsense under his breath.

"Let me just snooze for like the rest of my life." At his comment I couldn't help but huff, and I looked at him as he placed his head on his folded arms.

It took me a few moments to decide whether or not I'd join him, which I did in the end, lying down in the same position, and after a few seconds of me lying down, one of his arms found its way around my middle back, resting there.

To times I heard someone walk into the classroom, but I didn't care all too much, though, I knew we had to get up when I heard the bell ring, and Donghyuck's small groan filled my ears again as he sat up, the weight around my middle back disappearing.

"Bet you the teacher's going to give us a few math problems and then not pay any attention to us for the rest of the lesson." The boy beside me looked at me before both his and my eyes moved to our teacher, just in time to see her pull out a large pile of papers.

"You know her too well." At his words I nodded, and our teacher's attention was soon on the book in her hands, the papers full of math problems in front of each student in the room.

Just as I was about to start I heard a noise from beside me, which caused me to shut my eyes tightly, and even though I let out a sigh I couldn't stop the smile from stretching out as I turned to Donghyuck.

"I'm bored." My eyebrows rose before my head moved from side to side, my smile still present, and my attention turned to my paper once again.

From the corners of my eyes I saw him pout like the small child he was, and he pushed his paper closer to me.

"Help me out at least." With a sigh I moved closer to the boy, and he wrapped an arm around me, causing me to puff out my cheeks at him, only earning a quiet snicker from him.

We didn't actually end up solving the problems, but used me helping him as an excuse if our teacher questioned us, instead we drew bad drawings of people we didn't like too much and wrote small jokes on his paper, exchanging quiet giggles.

Fortunately for us, we didn't have to hand in the assigntments or both of us would have gotten ourselves detention for a good week or two for drawing our science teacher as a rather fat anteater.

When the bell rang my wrist was grabbed, and I was out of the classroom in record time, stumbling a bit as Donghyuck dragged me down the hall.

"Hyuck, what the hell-" We had just made our way into the cafeteria when he stopped dead in tracks and turned around to look at me, a serious expression on his face.

"No, hell is a bad place." After poking my shoulder and giving me one of his childish grins, he was dragging me again.

"What the heaven then?" I let out a huff as he made me sit down by one of the tables, and he quickly took the seat beside me, his hand, that had been around my wrist before, moving down to give my hand a squeeze before letting go again.

"I just want some alone time." The words made me smile a bit and when my eyes met his, he sent me a wink, only earning an airy laugh from me.

"But we aren't exactly alone." I commented, my eyes scanning the students who started filling the cafeteria, and I stood up, ready to get some food when I felt him tug at my hand, making me sit down yet again.

"No, we aren't." His voice had turned harsh as his eyes focused on something or more like someone behind me, and I turned my head, immediately spotting the twins on their way towards us.

"And what brings you to our table?" For a few seconds silence was over us, and I saw my once best friend shift her weight from one foot to another awkwardly.

"Again." I finished off, glancing at the boy sitting beside me, his eyes were cold.

Without really realizing it I moved a bit closer to Donghyuck, and Haneul looked down as he witnessed that happen, but I honestly couldn't care less.

"Can I talk to you Narae. Alone?" Haneul's eyes burned into mine, and I felt a breath get stuck in my throat, thanks to his intense stare.

"No, you cannot." Hyuck had spoken up before I could, and I had to make sure to thank him later as I, at the moment, wouldn't feel even the tiniest bit of comfort being near my ex alone.

"And who are you to answer that?" Gayeon's attention wasn't on the boy, but on me, and I stared back for a few short moments before turning to Donghyuck who now was standing up.

"I am, in fact, the person who stood up for her and took care of her when she was feeling extremely down because this jackass over here overreacted. And now.." The boy had walked dangerously close to the twins, and I was pretty sure I saw Haneul gulp as Donghyuck started speaking again, finishing what he was saying just before;

".. he is trying to get her back when he obviously doesn't deserve her." When he was done talking I stood up, quickly tucking at his sleeve which immediately caught his attention, and he turned to me, giving me one of his award winning smiles.

"Let's just go to our next class. Let's go out and eat after school." I saw his lips morph into a thin line, and after a few moments he nodded, his arm pulling me closer before he lead me out of the cafeteria, him mumbling small curse words under his breath.

A small sigh escaped my slightly parted lips, and my head landed on his arm, his tense body calming down soon after.

Looking up at him I let the smile which had been threatening to stretch out appear, and I earned a rather cheeky grin from him which made me realize that Donghyuck was back to normal again.

"Thank you." I sincerely mumbled, thanking him for not only rejecting Haneul for me, but also for everything he had done for me.

I earned a small hum from him.