|| 2 ||

Donghyuck's POV:

A scoff found its way onto my face as another person ignored me, when I asked them for directions.

"How rude humans are." I gritted my teeth as I felt my back burn and I shivered as another cold breeze flew by me.

"Doesn't anyone have the slightest heart to.. God dammit, it's cold.." I breathed out, making smoke leave my mouth and I looked around as the people passed by me.

Most ignored me, but those who actually did look at me, only looked at me with pity.

Finally, I decided to just walk myself and I stood up, before taking shaky steps, heading towards god knows where.

"I officially lost faith in humanity." I mumbled as I passed by an elder woman. Taking a few more steps, I heard her call out, before a hand touched my shoulder.

"Please, young man, get something to eat." With a small smile, I thanked her for the small amount of money, she had handed me and I actually felt something warm up inside of me.

"I officially just restored my faith in humanity."

••

"They're just kids, don't be so rude!" Dasom whispered, or more like hissed at me as I glared at the two boys, who earlier had asked Dasom to marry them, yeah both of them.

"Can't they see you're older than them!" Crossing my arms, one of the two guys walked up to the two of us and handed Dasom a flower, giving her a wink, he returned to his friend. Those actions only made me madder.

"Don't be so down Hyuck, it's not like they're going to steal me away or something!" She gripped my arm, holding it tightly and I, once again, sent a glare towards the two humans, who I was this close, to burning alive, I wouldn't do it, of course. I didn't want to get kicked out of heaven or something.

"You never know, you should never trust a human." I mumbled to myself, making her head snap up to look at me and she had this confused, yet adorable, expression on her face.

"What was that, Hyuck?" Shaking my head, I smiled at her, before grabbing her hand and dragging her up.

"Let's leave, I feel like eating something delicious." Excuses, I was quite good at them actually, but I hated making them, for me, it was like a lie and I hated lying, especially to Dasom.

"Sushi?"

"You always know the way to my heart." I sighed dreamily, making her laugh, before shooting me a wink and I turned to look at the two boys quickly.

As I walked away with her hand intertwined with mine, I sent the two a cocky smirk, before turning my head and focusing on the most important thing at the moment.

Yep, you guessed it, Dasom.

••

With that flashback in my mind, I went into the nearest convenience store and bought anything I could, seriously.

After paying the lady behind the counter, I grabbed what was going to be my dinner and left the cozy store, before digging something out of my bag.

It was a peaceful afternoon as I walked through the streets, trying to find a place to stay for the night, until a girl, I didn't know her, decided to approach me.

She had a suspicious look on her face.

"Hey, sorry to disturb, but did you steal that?" What? She thought I had stolen the food, I had been munching on for the last five minutes, I mean, the money wasn't mine, but a nice lady had given it to me. Even if she assumed I stole it, how could she be this chill?

"Wha- No!" I exclaimed, shaking my head quickly and she made a face, before turning around on her heal, leaving me stunned by what she had asked.

After getting over my surprise, I decided to run up to her once again, but she didn't seem that pleased by my return.

"Why did you think I stole it?" An airy laugh left her lips as she shook her head.

"Well, you're wearing some pretty thin clothes, which isn't very convenient, when we're in the late winter months." She gave me quite a good explanation, but before I could ask her about herself, she disappeared into a house and I grinned slightly.

I knew which house I should go for tomorrow..

**

Narae's POV:

"Do you guys know, if a new boy is starting in our class?" Haneul furrowed his eyebrows at my question, before he shook his head and so did Gayeon.

"I don't think so, why?" I shrugged at Haneul's question and he gave me a look, making me sigh.

"I saw this guy yesterday, that I haven't seen before and he actually looked kind of lost." I explained to them and Haneul raised his eyebrows with a small frown in his face.

"Just because he's lost or something, doesn't it necessarily mean, that he'll attend our school." This time it was my turn to raise my eyebrows and my best friend did the same, she was just as confused, about her brother's behavior.

"Wow, don't have to make such a big scene out of it, I just asked!" I rolled my eyes and Haneul sighed, wrapping an arm around me, before placing a peck on my cheek.

"I'm sorry, honey.." He mumbled and Gayeon fake gagged at the two of us, making me snicker and I leaned my head against him.

"It's fine, by the way, what time is it? I need to be home before dinner!" Gayeon looked down at her laptop and showed it to me.

"Shi- I need to get home.." Giving Haneul a quick peck, I jumped up from their couch and hurried towards their door.

My parents weren't ones to get mad easily, but if I wasn't home by the time, we had agreed-upon, they would flip, they were scared something bad would happen to me, if I walked home alone.

As I was tying my shoes, I could hear the footsteps of the two, who were probably eyeing me down at the moment.

"Do you want me to walk with you?" Shaking my head, I gave my boyfriend a small smile and hugged them both, before heading out the door.

A shiver went through me as soon as I stepped outside and I couldn't help but think about that boy yesterday.

He must've been so cold..