|| 19 ||

Donghyuck's POV:

So, we actually did burn the flowers outside, and it was much more enjoyable than I'd like to admit.

Though, all the burning had drained Narae's energy, and she was now snoring slightly, her head in my lap.

This girl, Narae, was making me feel weird things, things that I haven't felt in a long time, and no, I was not like those guys who would refuse his feelings towards a girl, because I actually knew what I was feeling towards her.

I just felt guilty, kind of, on top of my other feelings.

Leaving heaven- or well, getting kicked out, I mean, for a girl that I had fallen in love with, only to fall for someone else.

"Narae." A small yet adorable hum left her, and she moved her head as if looking up at me, even though her eyes were closed, as she waited for me to say something.

"It's getting late, how about we go to bed? So we're ready for school tomorrow." For a few seconds I thought she had fallen back to sleep, but I knew that she was still slightly awake as she nodded her head, and I was about to remove her from me when she wrapped her arms around my neck.

This was a new side of her, and I wish I had my phone near me so I could snap a picture, not for the reason you'd think though, I'd rather use it as blackmail than something to just look at, if I had to be honest.

A sigh escaped my lips as I stood up and slowly made my way towards her bedroom, not wanting her to wake up if I walked too fast.

••

"Hyuck, what do you think of me?" The girl had seconds before been asleep, her head in my lap when she suddenly spoke up, which I had to admit almost made me shit my pants.

Though, her question, which was a bit random, did make me feel all bubbly inside, what did I think of her?

This girl, she was different; a totally unique beauty that was like candy to my eyes, and a soothing yet charming voice, she was a bit on the shorter side too.

And her personality, jesus, she was one of the most kindhearted people I had ever met, and she knew exactly what to say in each situation, but her humor wasn't exactly the best and sarcasm wasn't something she was quite good at, but she was making an effort.

"I like you, quite a lot actually." A smile spread across her face, and the corner of my lips curled up, mirroring her smile.

"That's good, I like you quite a lot too."

••

A pillow came in contact with my face once and then once again a few seconds after, a groan immediately leaving me after the first hit, though, before she could land a third hit with the pillow, I grabbed it from her, hitting her with it twice.

"Meanie." The word left her in a grumble, and I almost snorted at her.

"Watch your pretty little mouth, I have blackmail material." I didn't really have any pictures of me carrying her to her bedroom, but I still threatened her with it and found amusement in how her eyes turned wide.

Narae turned around on her heels before sprinting into the bathroom before I could use it first, and I let my eyes roll to the back of my head.

A smile kept lingering on my face as I watched her close the door.

It seemed as if she was over the boy or soon was, and she was returning to her old self, which had me feeling rather happy.

"Dude, what are you staring so intensely at?" At her voice I snapped back to reality, my eyes meeting hers, and I blinked a few times before letting my shoulders move up in a shrug.

The girl furrowed her eyebrows before turning around to walk back into the bathroom, but I quickly ran past her into the bathroom, ignoring her complaints about needing to shower first to which I only snickered.

The two of us used too much time in the bathroom, and when both of us were done, we had to sprint out the door if we wanted to reach the school gates before the first bell.

Even this was enjoyable, because on the way, even though we were running and I got tired after like twenty meters, we were laughing, which actually made us more out of breath I had to admit.

We were laughing like two preschoolers, and the thing that probably made the run even better was the fact that she at some point, while we were running, grabbed my hand, probably to keep up with my speed, it still made me excited nonetheless.

We didn't reach the school before the first bell rang and had to go through the embarrassment of bursting into the classroom later while the other students were working already, but I survived it, because nothing could make ruin my mood.

Or, someone actually could ruin my mood, and that someone had the goddamn nerve to actually walk up to where we were sitting during lunch, and both Narae and I weren't the most energetic nor enthusiastic after having to listen to our history teacher tell us the same story about the Korean history which we have heard at least seven times before.

"What brings you to our table, Haneul?" I couldn't help but grit my teeth at the sight of him, and to be honest, I had to admit that he looked a bit messy, his hair was a mess as was his uniform.

Then she grabbed my hand once again under the table, and it was amazing, absolutely amazing.

"Nothing." The male in front of us quickly mumbled, turning around on his heals to sprint in the direction of his twin sister, and I almost felt bad that the corners of my lips moved up in a slight smirk.

Almost.