Chapter 19 - "Sebastian-"

Amelia gripped the brown paper bag  as she bounced on the balls of her feet outside Sebastian's door. She knocked again and waited. She hurried into the apartment after Sebastian opened the door, depositing the bag on the counter.

"I finally figured out why the ending was off. Gosh! It was so annoying! I went nearly mad last night trying to figure it out. Kept me up for a good hour and a half until my brain pin pointed the problem," Amelia said, her words bursting out of her in a tidal wave.

She clamped a hand over her mouth as she saw Sebastian's lips hint at an amused smile.

"Sorry about that. Let me start again. Hi Sebastian, how are you doing?" Amelia said, calmly.

"I'm fine. How about you?" he said.

"Good. Thanks."

"What's in the brown paper bag?" Sebastian said.

"I didn't have lunch. So I stopped by this amazing sandwich place that's a couple blocks away from my apartment. I brought you one as well. I didn't know if you had already eaten," Amelia said.

"Seriously?"

"Yeah, I didn't know what you would like so I brought a few to pick from. They're all great and you can choose first."

He looked at her for a long moment.

"Thanks."

Though he said it simply the look in his eyes held a weight heavier than the words. Amelia shrugged and looked away, feeling uncomfortable with the gratitude.

"Do you want to eat first or work?" Amelia asked.

"Let's work for a bit. Your entrance has me curious about what you discovered to be our problem."   

"Sorry about that."

Sebastian shrugged and headed to the music room.

"It's not a big deal. It's nice to know I'm not the only person who can get intense about music," Sebastian said, evenly.

As they worked Amelia become aware of an odd feeling. It wasn't until Sebastian stopped her playing to correct her on a mistake, that she realized what it was.  The tension that had lived in the apartment for the last 4 weeks had finally taken its leave.    

*************

As Amelia was tugging on her coat, Sebastian moved towards her, his eyes betraying a nervous energy. She waited for his thought to form itself into words and transfer the words to his mouth.

"I was wondering if that offer of pizza is still open?" Sebastian said, meeting her gaze.

"Sorry." Amelia started to say.

Sebastian instantly took a step back and looked at the floor.

"It's fine-"

"Charlie wanted Chinese," Amelia said, with an apologetic shrug.

Sebastian looked at her, a wink of a smile darting across his lips.

"But I'm sure if I ask him he'll be fine with pizza a second time, if you're really adamant about it," Amelia said.

"Chinese sounds great."

"Okay. You should call your driver though, I'm not taking you on the Subway. I can't be responsible for you if you see a famous person, lose control and start blubbering like an idiot while you try to run and hug them," Amelia said.

"A rational concern. I'll be right back."

He ducked into his room and walked back out, wearing a coat and worn baseball cap.