Chapter 38 - "I never wanted this!"

Amelia walked towards the classroom exit as skipping steps caught up to her. Her stomach tightened and her heart beat faster. For a second Amelia hoped that the girl would just leave. But the girl's lips parted. Amelia's hope fell into a thousand pieces before her, and were quickly trodden over by her own feet.

Some where in the back of Amelia's brain she was silently tallying up how many people had approached her since Monday and the number was rapidly climbing up to the hundreds.

"Amelia, my name is Heather and I was just wondering if I could talk to you for a minute," the girl said.

Inwardly Amelia cringed. Without responding she pulled the door to the rehearsal hall open and walked out, Heather still keeping up. A sinking dread filled Amelia has she spotted three more girls waiting, all wearing the same look eager. The look Amelia had spotted since returning to Juilliard and the world learning her connection to Sebastian.

"Hi Amelia," one of the three girls said.

Heather, along with the three girls crowded in front of Amelia. Spinning on her heels, Amelia started to walk in the opposite direction.

"I was wondering if Sebastian has his openers for his tour yet? Because I think I would be great to tour with. I would love to tell him that if you could just tell me how to contact him," one of the girls said, keeping pace.

"Do you know if he needs more back up dancers because I am totally flexible to go on tour with him this summer if he needs it," another one was saying.

Up ahead Amelia spotted a couple more girls turn towards her. Panic exploded inside Amelia's chest and she ducked into the closest classroom, slamming the door shut and locking it.

"Amelia are you alright?"

Professor Mathews gave her a concerned look.

"Yeah, just hiding. Professor do you mind if I use your room?"

The girls' voices slid under the door and creeped into her ears.

"Stressed seniors?" he asked, with a half smile.

"Something like that."

"Then by all means use my room, but if you'll excuse me, I have a lunch date."

With a small smile, he left the room by the other door. Amelia unlocked the door and then crawled under the desk, positioning the chair so it blocked her from view. She rested her head against the desk. She closed her eyes, trying to breath deeply, but her lungs didn't find it as easy as breathing rapidly. The door opened and the girls clattered inside.

"Come on, she must have slipped out the other door," one of them said.

The herd of footsteps vibrated though the floor and through Amelia's body as she sat scrunched into a tight knot. Amelia was trying to fight her drowning panic when her phone rang.

"Hello?" Amelia said, through a tight throat.

"Aims, are you alright?" Sebastian said.

Instead of calming her, the sound of his concern seemed to have the opposite effect. She buried her head on her knees feeling exhausted and trying to slow her breathing, but failing completely.

"Aims, what's going on, talk to me, are you okay?"

"No."

"What's going on?" Sebastian said.

"I'm being attacked by your fan club and I have no idea how to make it stop," Amelia said, dejectedly.

There was a long pause.