Chapter 14 - "You two are a bit too dramatic."

Will and Amelia pushed through a set of heavy glass doors, stepping into a coffee flavored warmth. Behind a long counter baristas jumped from one machine to the next, steam raising around them. Amelia and Will fell in line.

Charlie occupied a table off to the right, his head bent to his phone, oblivious to the world surrounding him. Low jazzy Christmas music blended with the music of coffee grinders and the call of names. Amelia stepped up to the counter, greeted by a pretty blonde barista. A knowing smile slipped across Amelia's face as she noticed, in the one minute exchange she had with the girl, the girl's attention darting to where Charlie sat four times. Will placed his order and they wound their way over to Charlie.

"You smiled at her, didn't you?" Amelia said, pulling out a chair sitting down.

Charlie started as they sat.

"What?" he asked, his face a mask of confusion.

Amelia leaned on the table. She pointed casually to the barista.

"The girl working the register, you smiled at her didn't you?" she asked again.

Charlie followed Amelia's direction meeting the eyes of the girl, which instantly made her cheeks blush as Charlie unthinkingly smiled at her. Amelia slapped Charlie's arm.

"Ow! What was that for?"

Will laughed at the scene, leaning back in his chair, arms folded.

"Charlie, that dimple of your's sends the wrong message."

As if called to the stage, his dimple appeared, winking at Amelia. She tried to fight her own smile at his mischievous grin but lost.

"It's a good thing you don't leave the house that much or girls would be following you home and where would we be?" Amelia said.

"Out of floor space," Will said, with a smirk.

Amelia shot him annoyed glare. Their names were called and Will left to do the honors. He came back handing Amelia her cup as he sat back down.

They were in the middle of telling Charlie about the dangers they faced while shopping at Macy's when someone approached their table, saying Charlie's name. Startled by the sight of the girl, Charlie's knees banged against the bottom of the table. If the action had hurt, he showed no sign of it, his eyes glued to the girl. Amelia quickly rescued her cup from toppling over and Charlie stammered out an apology.

"Natalie...hi," Charlie said, his voice coming out stunted.

The girl looked about Charlie's age with short, black curls, intelligent brown eyes, a dusting of freckles across her nose and a heart shaped face.

"Charlie, I think after three years of knowing each other, it's okay for you to call me Nat, everyone else does," Natalie said.

Charlie gave her a sheepish grin and Amelia swallowed the laugh that rose to her throat. Nat's eyes drifted to Amelia and Will before jumping back to Charlie, waiting. Amelia kicked her brother under the table and his brain started working again.

"Nat..." Charlie smiled at the name. "This is my sister Amelia."

Amelia shook Natalie's hand, happy to find she had a strong handshake.

"And this our friend William," Charlie finished with a gesture to Will.

Will stood and took Natalie's hand, to Charlie's dismay.

"William Ashford the fifth," Will said, shaking Natalie's thin hand.

She smiled, but her face didn't get the awe struck look every other girl gave Will, unfazed by his good looks and accent. Charlie's shoulders relaxed. Amelia stifled another grin.