Chapter 46 - "Don't forget me."

After the first weeks on tour, Amelia had fallen into an easy routine, of life on the road. She adjusted to playing concerts late into the night, waking up to the rocking motion of the bus and a text from Sebastian asking her if she was awake. Phones calls with Sebastian stretching passed the night and into the morning.

The first two months slipped by before she knew it, her days filled with amusing activities with Danny and the band. Life on the road felt like the only thing she had ever known.

************

Amelia gripped the soft leather cushion of the stool beneath her, the tips of her toes settled on the ground.

"I don't think you're ready for this Daniel?" she teased.

"Those are fighting words, Aims. It's only my mother whose calls me Daniel. And my father when he is mad. Anyways, you can bet I was born ready for this," Danny said, his tone low.

Nate and Grant let out roars of laughter.

"I have ten on Amelia to win," Nate said to Matt.

"I'm in for ten on Amelia as well," Haley said.

Danny gave her a hurt look.

"Seriously Haley, that hurts deep," Danny said, in mock pain.

Haley gave Danny a mischievous wink.

"Rules are simple, whoever reaches the end of the hallway first, wins." Matt pointed to Danny. "You play nice, we still have a concert to play and if Amelia hurts her wrists, you'll have us to deal with us," he said, making a sweeping gesture to the rest of the band.   

"You've turned my band against me," Danny said, to Amelia.

"You go through a water balloon battle together and it bonds you," Amelia said, seriously.

"Alright. On my mark. Ready...Get set...GO!" Matt yelled, letting his arm drop.

Amelia pushed hard against the floor, flying backward. The squeaking of their wheels, the cheers and cries of the audience thundered around the space. Amelia collided with the far wall a second before Danny slammed in next to her.

Louder cheers broke out. A metal door opened behind Amelia but she didn't hear it, caught up in the shouts from the band. Danny's gaze drifted past her and his expression turned to surprise.

Amelia twisted around. The movement was stronger than she thought and she was tumbling backwards.

Sebastian rushed forward and catch her arms before she landed on the floor. Smiling, he lifted her gently to her feet. Amelia's heart gave a giddy jolt as she stood speechless, staring up into his face.

"Hey," he said.   

A rush of warmth raced through Amelia and her heartbeat quickened.

"Bash!" Danny said, pushing Amelia aside and hugged Sebastian.

"Hey Danny. Mind if I stop by?" Sebastian asked.

The cheering crowd circled around them, bombarding Sebastian with curious questions. Amelia was jostled from behind and fell into Sebastian. He reached out and steadied her.   

"Sorry," Amelia said, glaring back at Grant who raised his hands up.

Sebastian let go of her arms. His hand bumping her's, sending a spark of electricity running through Amelia; the touch a silent question. She locked their fingers together, an subtle energy spreading through her body.   

"So what do you think?" Danny asked.

"Sorry, what did you say?" Sebastian asked.

"What do you say to performing with me tonight, for a song or two?"