O - Over the rainbow

This piece is not connected to the last few as they have been along a storyline.This does not follow the storyline and is set in season 2.
    This one shot is dedicated to @kamakazee12345678 for being such a loyal follower!

Riley pov:
    My first professional audition.The first one I dared to sign up to.I doubted I'd get it but I thought to myself that it would be good experience for the future. I was auditioning for a production of the wizard of oz. I checked the casting website and I fitted the requirements for Dorothy, the main character.

     The production was a little different to the original version;it was all dance.They would have the singing in the background, but the theatre wanted to take a different take on it and have it soley dance. I wasn't the best singer,but with it just dance, thought I might have a chance.

       I prepared my audition piece with Miss kate's help. We did it quite balletic as Dorothy needs to be able to dance on pointe. She gave me lots of audition advice and sent me home early to get rest.

     I woke up the next morning and staggered downstairs in my pjamas. I made myself waffles with syrup and sat in front of the T.V in the living room and sleepily ate them curled up on the couch.

    I got into some leggings and a strappy top as I thought it would be fairly appropriate for the audition. I loved wearing leotards sometimes,but I'd rather be really comfy at a place where I'd already be nervous before hand.

    Since James was working today, I had to make my way to the audition: I didn't want to bother him anyway, I felt like I always took advantage of him.I picked up my bag and walked to the bus stop, then waited till the bus pulled in. The journey was about 25 minutes into town to the theatre. I took advantage of it being nice and peaceful on the bus and stared out the window, letting my mind wander. I dreamt of being on that stage in the spotlight. If I got that role, I'd be over the moon.

     I arrived about an hour before the audition was scheduled to start. That gave me plenty of time to take in my surroundings and get comfortable in the space. After walking around for a bit,I settled in the small,cosy cafe in the foyer. I ordered a herbal tea to calm my nerves. My whole body was trembling and I needed to calm down before my audition,especially with pointe coming up.

      After an hour of waiting,My name was called on the register.I walked through the foyer to the studio where the audition was taking place. As the door opened, I was taken back by the beauty of the room. Each wall had a spotless,shiny mirror and above the mirrors were detailed engravings in gold. It all felt so royal,so special,so magical.

      It started off with freestyle. One by one,we were called onto the floor and did a short section of freestyle. It went well, I think.

      Then,it was choreography. A Lady dressed in a fushcia pink leotard,tights,and ballet shoes,strode into the dance floor.

     "Ok guys so I will teach the choreo once and you will have 10 minutes to work it out. I will split the room into two so we can observe everyone easily."She announced.

      I was put in group two,which I saw as a blessing,I could watch the others and pick up any bits they got wrong and make them right. I could also see the judges reactions to what they thought was good,and most importantly,what was bad.

     The choreography was so difficult. It was 10 X the calibre of the next step auditions,and everyone in the auditions was incredible! I suddenly became severely unconfident and doubting that I'd be able to get a part. 'At least there is the ensemble' I thought to myself reassuringly.