P-Promise

James pov:
Tonight was our anniversary and I had something pretty special planned. Me and Riley were going to have a meal at this resturant where they had little booths and it was entirely lit by fairy lights. The decor was so special and it made it have such a lovely atmosphere. My mom had been there before and she said it was magical, the perfect place to take Riley.

I knew it was way too early to get married, we were only young and had our whole lives ahead of us. I wanted to make her feel special tonight, and show her that I'm committed.

Along with help from Piper,who I knew had good taste, we went to the mall and to the jewellery store. I texted Emily to make sure Riley wasn't in close proxemix, so we could shop calmly without worrying if she is round the corner.

I entered the store and I was greeted by a dazzling collection of jewellery. Rings, earrings, necklaces and watches. Everything looked so special: perfect.

"Welcome,how may I help you?" Asked the friendly shop assistant.

"I'm just looking for a promise ring for my girlfriend, it is our anniversary today." I replied, showing her a photo of Riley ,with a smile beaming across my face. I was just so proud she was my girlfriend.

I had taken one of her rings out of her jewelry box in her room to make sure I got the right size. I just hoped she didn't notice it had gone missing!
I gave it to the lady and she took us over to a cabinet and showed us some options. One that really stood out was a silver one with 'a promise is forever' engraved inside.

"That's the one!" I said.

"I agree! It is rather beautiful isn't it!" The shop assistant replied.

The lady unlocked the cabin et where they keep the non displayed items of jewellery and packaged it in a little box wrapped in pink tissue paper. I couldn't wait till the evening and the meal: Riley was going to love this ring. Like I had said about a thousand times already, it was 'perfect'.

Three hours later, I was at home getting ready for our Anniversary dinner. I stood at the mirror with my black and white suit,straightening my tie. Slowly the door opened a tiny bit and through the gap I could see Mom.

"Come in" I told her "you don't need to hide!"

Mom walked in and she had the widest grin on her face I've ever seen! I bet it is the biggest in the world that has ever been done;so big in fact it would have broken the record and have been recorded in a massive book! She looked so... proud. This was shocking for me as she is never this proud.

"You just look so handsome" she whispered in my ear whilst straightening my collar. "Riley is one lucky girl."

She trusted a $10.00 bill into my hand, but I refused it. I wanted this date to be paid for by my hard earned money. This anniversary, it meant so much to me. This was a full year that me and her had been together since we broke up. It was hard sometimes and although we ocassionally fought, we would always make it through in the end.

I arrived at the resturant as we'd agreed that Rileys dad would bring her tonight. I didn't want a big rush to pick her up, and I also wanted to be there waiting for her when she arrives: To see the expression on her face.

Riley pov:
Dad parked and told me to have a wonderful time. I got out the car carefully, trying to be ladylike and trying not to get my dress caught. I was wearing a long red dress with jewelled details at the torso section. I thought it looked good, I just james takes notice, boys don't tend to realise how much works it takes for a girl to look good.

I walked in to the resturant and it was absolutely stunning. The decor was perfect and it just was so magical. I couldn't believe my eyes! Sat there in one of the little booths was James, sat there smiling at me. It made my stomach fill with butterflies. It's just nice to have someone who appriciates you for who you are, and that you can feel so relaxed with.

I walked over to the table and Slipped onto the cushioned seating. I gave James a gentle kiss, light as a feather. I thought a whole make out session right in the middle of this fancy resturant would not be appreciated by the other customers: this way, I didn't even tempt James to make it anything more.

"You look...beautiful." James said slowly, almost in disbelief I had actually turned up.

"Thanks." I said, blushing a little bit. "So do you... I mean you look...handsome." I stuttered, kicking myself for making a mistake.

"Thankyou." He replied.

We ordered a starter of garlic bread and waited patiently for it to arrive. The silence was a little awkward. Suddenly, James pulled out a box. My heart jumped. A box,no way this can't be happening. Marriage?At our age? No way.

"Stop!" I shouted at James, probably a little too loudly as everyone stared at me." I can't marry you james,not yet"

"Riley!" He interupted "I wasn't asking you that" He said as he opened the box. "This is a promise ring. It is to show you my commitment, and that you will always be my girl."

He slipped the ring onto my finger and I almost burst into tears.

"Thankyou." I whispered in his ear softly.