Fate Sucks

I couldn't tear my eyes away from his chiseled face. I couldn't pick my jaw off of the floor either. I couldn't breathe. I couldn't move. I couldn't do much of anything really besides gawk at the man I made out with last night. His green eyes kept me frozen in place, with my jaw on the floor, my eyes bugged out, and my breathing relatively nonexistent. My heart, on the other hand, was perfectly capable. It was pounding so loud I swear he could hear it from across the room.

He looked just as stunned to see me, his eyes were wide and his lips were parted slightly, his hands were relaxed at his side and he is entire body looked like he was about to crumple to the floor, except his eyes. They watched me closely. I could tell he wasn't breathing either. The veins on his neck stood out and for a moment, I was worried he might ACTUALLY faint. Finally he broke his gaze away and cleared his throat, his chest heaving, as if he had just worked out.

As if that was all I needed, my breathing ability came back and I gulped down the air. I took a step back, having trouble believing all of this. I nearly stumbled, before I planted my other foot down. I pushed my hair off of my shoulders and clasped my hands in front of me, my hands shaking. I didn't want him to see that either.  

That the guy I randomly had a really hot make out session with last night is now my effin boss. What are the odds of that happening? In Houston? Where millions of people live? Where you're not likely to run into the same person twice (unless you work with them). Fate must have been like "oh, I haven't done anything to her in lately, lets see what I can do about that". I bet it's laughing its ass of right now. 

"Um, Miss Blackwell?" Mr. James, Mr. Hottie, Mr. British, the man in front of me asked. I looked up and my breathing got all jacked up again. I licked my lips, my gaze on him, my eyes still slightly wide. 

He was hot. He probably modeled outside of this. I mean, look at those eyes, so grey and so green at the same time. They were perfect. Oh, and that perfectly messed up, but still classy hair, that five o'clock shadow that made him seem classier, and the way his suit fit him perfectly, gliding over his toned chest and muscled arms.....

God, I need to stop. This is my freaking boss. I should not be thinking about him like that. I had to swallow before I speak. 

"Yes?" I squeaked. Great, way to be smooth Sav. I glanced down, my cheeks burning. I just wanted to disappear. After last night, I never thought I'd have to see him again. I didn't know that I'd face him later. I knew I needed to get out of here.... And quickly too. 

"Stop that," he said, roughly. I looked up, my heart skipping a beat when I did. His eyes were watching me hungrily, watching my face, my lips. I licked them again, my tongue darting across my bottom lip.  

"Stop what?" I asked, my face heating up again. At least, I didn't sound like a chimpmunk this time. A nice improvement, Sav. 

"Biting your lip," he ordered, his voice lower, gruffer, sexier. I gulped and looked away for a second. I hadn't realized I was doing it. I did it subconsciously, when I was nervous. 

"Sorry sir," I said, quickly, focusing my gaze back on him. "Is there any particular reason that you wanted to see me?" I needed to get out of here. Like right now. As in, Mother Ship beam me to my office please?!

His gaze was burning a hole through me. The windows let in some sunlight, shining on him, making his dirty blond hair lighter. I fidgeted. God, would he stop staring?! I don't need a reminder of last night. Granted, it was freaking amazing, like seriously.... but in this current situation in front of me required that I thought less with my hormones and ya know ;) and more with my professional brain.

He shook his head before speaking.

"Yes, actually, I need you to go through these by Friday and have a synopsis of each story and what you think about it on my desk by 8 o'clock Friday night," he said, picking up a stack of submissions. I groaned internally, but stepped up to take them from me.