A Piece here, A Memory There

Sav's POV 

"Savanna!" Chris called as he hurried after me. I wiped more tears away as I opened the door, ignoring the pouring rain around me. I got in and locked the doors just as Christopher reached the car. He knocked on the window. "Sav, love, please let me explain! Come back inside!" I shook my head and started the car. I put it in reverse and pulled out of the parking lot before I drove off. I peeled out of the apartment parking lot and started to drive through downtown. I was going father than I should be. In the rain and crying no less. 

"I fucking hate you," I cried as I pulled to a stop light. I banged my hand on the steering wheel and my head rested on it as I collapsed in sobs again. Why couldn't he just stay away? Why did he have to come back? I was doing ok without him. Why did he have to come back and ruin it? My phone rang from the pocket of my dress. I answered it with blurry eyes. 

"Hello?' I croaked. 

"Savanna, please come back. I'm in the car behind you, just come back home please," Chris begged. I sniffled and threw my phone to the ground in disgust. Oh, god, why did I answer my stupid phone? Why did I have to love him, even now after everything he's done to me? Why? Just oh god lord, why?? 

"NO!" I screamed, sitting up. The ligh was green and I floored it. I needed to get away from him. I couldn't be close to him. I'd freeze up and he'd take me home and he'd make me feel like we were going to be ok and he was going to lie to me and make me believe that he was going to stay and then he was just going to leave me again. He was just going to leave me again. By the time I snapped out of my thoughts, I was out of central downtown Houston and got on the road that led to the highway. As the curve came in sight, I started to slow down to where I would be within the speed limit again to make the turn safely. 

"Goddammit Savanna!" He screamed, loud enough for me to hear him. "Come HOME LET ME EXPLAIN PLEASE!" His shouts got louder as I sped up, turning into the curve, needing to get away from him. How could he do this to me? A sob escaped my lips as my vision blurred again. I took a hand off the wheel to wipe my face so I could see. 

My tired started to skid. 

I lost control of the wheel. 

I crashed into the side of the highway. 

The windshield broke. 

My face connected with the steering wheel and everything went black. 

I woke up with a scream in my throat and my heart racing at a hundred miles per hour. I sat up straight and cried out in pain as a knife dug into my ribs and was dragged down, or at least that's what it felt like. I whimpered as tears fell and lowered myself back onto the dingy bed. A few moments of crying, ok well, sobbing later, Charles appeared, medicine in hand. He quickly injected me and I relaxed a bit. He got up to leave. 

"No," I rasped. I really didn't want to be alone. Not now as that memory caused just as much pain as my injuries did and I knew that the medicine wouldn't be able to sooth this one. "Please, don't leave me alone." He glanced down at my hand and back to me. He smoothed my hair before he smacked me. I tasted blood. 

"You stupid bitch," he snarled, his features though wrinkled, were hard. "You think I care about you?" You're just leverage." He yanked his hand from my grip and walked away. 

My head spun and the medicine didn't help.

Chris had come back to see me. I had a feeling because it was to see the baby. Though I don't remember if I had told him. Knowing me, if he left me, which seemed like he did from the startling memory, I wouldn't have told him about our baby. Because then he would have came back for the child and not me, since I was the reason he left.