After (pt. 4)

Savanna's POV 

Previously on One Night: 

"SHUT UP! YOU DON'T KNOW HOW THIS FEELS! FORGETTING ABOUT YOUR BABY GIRL, THEN REMEMBERING HER AND KNOWING YOU LOST HER! DON'T PRETEND LIKE YOU KNOW HOW THIS FEELS!" I shouted at him, my chest feeling like it was going to implode. 

His face got red as he looked at me. He pointed at finger at my face before he went off. 

"You don't think I don't  know what you're going through? She was my child too! And you kept her from me for four months! You kept her from me and I barely met her and you killed her! Now I'm here waiting for you to remember me, remember how much you loved me and hated me because damn it I can't take seeing the woman I love lying her, clueless as a damn doe while I'm practically dead inside because of what happened!" he screamed at me. 

My jaw dropped. My eyes bugged out. My breathing stopped. 

"You were the father of my child?" 

*

*

Chris's face dropped as my question sunk in. I knew there was no way he was expecting that. I didn't even expect to ask that. Hell, I didn't even know this man was the father of my...dead.... child. I felt tears form in my eyes, but I blinked them away. He looked at me, looking so broken I barely could stand it. His grey green eyes were hallow as he looked at me. Wow, he was taking this just as hard as I was. He didn't have the chance to answer my question or at least explain himself however because Kate, Sam and a very disgruntled looking nurse barged in.

All three woman looked slightly panicked as they came in through the dor and took in the sight of me and a stunned Christopher. Sam and Kate took one look at me and my teary eys and hauled Chris away from me while he objected and demanded to be with me, which left the nurse to check up on me. She went over my vitals quickly while they were absent. My friends were soon back, letting the nurse attend to her other patients, while each of them sat on the side of my bed, my hand in theirs. It offered no consolation at the information I'd just received, and yet, I feel like I knew all along, buried under the trauma from the accident, like my brain wasn't ready to process all the pain and hurt again so soon.  

"What happened?" Sam asked softly. I whimpered, feeling tears roll down my cheek. 

"I-I was going to have a baby," I breathed out. They shared a concerned look, but remained silent. "C-Chris was the father!" I collapsed into sobs and they pulled me to them. Each of them rubbing my back. "How could you guys not tell me this? Why did he leave me? Was it because he didn't want her? How come he hurt me? Did I do something? Why? Why was he the father?" I couldn't ask anymore painful questions as the sobs became too much for me to handle. 

Kate sighed and Sam hugged me tighter, but neither of them answered my thoughts. I knew they were probably just protecting me from the pain that we knew would come the moment I got my memory back. I just wanted some answers! I ended up passing out from dehydration later on and I welcomed the darkness that enveloped me because it let me escape the pounding questions and the heart stopping pain of loosing my little girl, my precious girl. 

The next morning, I woke up to a small breakfast on the table next to my bed. I reached out and took the apple, while I ate, the lack of anyone else was painfully obvious. This was the first time I've been alone since I've woken up. I sighed as I sunk into my bed again Today was probably going to be long and very very boring if no one was here. Oh, god, I sounded like such a child, too afraid to be left alone in fear of......in fear of remembering everything alone. There was a knock at the door that send me bolting straight up. My heart pounded and I was suddenly nervous. Was it Chris? Did I want to see him? Would I be able to see him? The door opened and someone popped their head in. 

"Hello Miss," they said. I immediately noticed their English accent. "My name is Charles. I was contacted to be your attorney? I was told you wanted to sue the person who caused the crash?" 

Charles was an older man, probably late forties and had peppering brown hair. He had kind grey eyes and thick eyebrows. He was wearing a suit and a folder was in his hand. He had crows feet by eyes as he smiled at me and I couldn't help but notice the way his face wrinkled as well. 

Lawyer? I hadn't asked for one. Who then? I furrowed my eyebrows. Kate or Sam? Sam. She was probably the one who wanted to sue. She was so protective of me it hurt sometimes. She probably thought this would get me to sue Chris and make him pay for everything he did to me. The question was: what exactly happened? How can I sue if I don't know. I nodded and motioned for him to sit. He pulled up a chair next to me, a folder in his hand. 

"I didn't want to sue, however..." I paused, the idea just flowing into my head. "I'd like to have a restraining order against the person who caused me so much pain." 

He nodded, sympathetically, and opened his folder, which had a notepad. "So who is it you want to be away from you and your reason?" he asked, pulling a pen out of his coat pocket. His face held no judgment as his grey eyes made me relax a bit. I felt like I could trust him, but then again, wasn't that his job? To get me to trust him so he knew how to proceed with everything? 

I sighed. 

"Christopher James. He caused me physical and emotional pain." 

Kate came in just as I was finished with the lawyer. We came up with the terms of the restraining order, no contact whatsoever and if he came within 100 yards of me, I'd prosecute him for breaking the order and stalking, and Charles said he'd try to push it through as fast as he could and he was very hopeful that it'd work. He nodded politely at my friend as she came in and left. She took the seat he previously occupied and gave me a small smile. 

"I managed to convince everyone to go home," she said, tiredly. "They were practically walking zombies. It was hard because no one wanted to leave you."  She rubbed her eyes as she yawned. I wanted to chatsy her for not going with her own idea. 

"Maybe you should too, Kate," I pointed out. "You look like the undead as well. Plus, you're tired and no offense but you look like shit." She did. Her hair was greasy from being unwashed. Her skin, usually fresh, was oily and it looked like she was about to break out. Her clothes were dirty and extremely crinkled, Dark circles and bags were under her eyes, which didn't help her look any less like a member of the mindless eating machines. She looked at me before she sighed. 

"I probably should." I nodded. "But I don't want to leave you alone," she added. I shrugged,. 

"I'll be fine. I'm ok here. I have food, T.V. and medication every couple of hours. I just want you guys to be ok too. I bet you're all drained from the events that happened," I said, giving her my best puppy dog eyes. She really needed to go home. She looked like she was going to drop off her feet at any moment. She sighed and nodded reluctantly. She got up, kissed my forehead gently before she made the motion to leave. 

"Have the doctors or nurses call me or Sam if you need anything, Savanna. I mean it, anything, even if its stupid. I love you," she gave me a stern look to go with her warning before she left. I just blew her a kiss at her request and she left after rolling her eyes. I snuggled back into my bed and relaxed after I found the T.V. remote. 

Sometime later, a new nurse came to give me my pain medication. I thanked her before she left and she looked at me warily before she quickly stalked out. Well, that was weird, I thought. Maybe she's new? Yeah, probably that.  I didn't think much of it as I yawned. Damn medication made me sleepy all the time. I shut of the source of my entertainment before I put the bed flat again before I was just out of it. 

When I woke up, I wasn't in the hospital anymore.