Pushed too Far

The next morning I made sure I was early. I wanted to make up for my half day yesterday. I couldn't help the little butterflies I felt at the thought of seeing Josh again. Speaking of Josh, Sam had given me an earful last night. about him. 

Last Night. 

"WHO WAS THAT AND WHY WERE YOU KISSING HIM?!" Sam screamed. I cringed at her loudness, but shut the door behind me. "YOU BETTER TELL ME NOW!" I rolled my eyes. 

"What are you my mother?" I snapped, my happiness ruined. 

"You're just a bad friend. How could you not tell me abou the date?" she said, her eyes wide. I smirked at her face. Anger to sad, in one second. Wow, bipolar much? I sighed, almost ready to tell her. "Can you tell me please? I promise I won't yell again, or snoop or spy on you! Just please please tell me what happned!" I laughed as she got on her knees and clasped her hands in front of her face, which was in puppy dog mood. She really didn't have an effective one, but I decided to take pity on her when she grabbed my leg and woulndn't let go as I began to walk to my room. 

"We went on a date. He kissed me goodnight," I said, scratching at her hands. She removed them. "I don't know if things will work, but I like him." I walked down to my room. 

"Let's hope he's not like E-" she began. I turned and glared at her. 

"Yeah, I know, Sam," I snapped before going in my room. My mood was officially ruined. I didn't feel like staying up so I went to sleep, even though it was barely nine o'clock.

Present: 

I walked to work, enjoying the nice, cool breeze. It wasn't too humid this morning, which is always a plus when living in Houston. It probably would get worse later. Thank god my hair wasn't all that bad in it. I nodded at the receptionist, who was clinging to her cup of coffee like it was her life source. She managed a smile at me as I stepped on the elevator and hit the fourteenth floor button. 

"Hold it!" someone called out.

I stuck my hand out, instinctively, and stopped the doors from closing. The doors whooshed open again and who should step on? You guessed it. Mr. James. I huffed, but didn't say anything as I hit the fifteenth floor button too. 

"Good morning, Miss Blackwell," he said, pleasantly, though his eyes shone with mischief. I bit my tongue to bit back a retort. 

"Mr. James," I said curtly.

There was a moment of silence as he stared at me, frowning. I wish he wouldn't. It was like he wanted me to jump him in the elevator again. 

"Savanna?" he asked. Oh, so now we're on a first name basis? I turned to look at him, my green eyes glaring. "What's wrong? Are you mad at me?" I was taken back at the sincereness in his tone. What the hell? 

"Are you  bipolar or something?" I demanded, putting my hands on my hips. (No offense to those that are). "I mean, one day you fuck me, the next you say we can't be together and not to date Josh." His eyes darkened at the mention of Josh, but I only registered that momentarily. "Then you try to ruin my date, which turned out to be pretty nice, despite you and the cheerleader," I spat. I've had enough of this. "Now you're acting like you give a damn! I mean, honestly, make up your damn mind! I'm sick of the spoiled brat attitude, Mr. James." 

He opened his mouth to say something, but no words came out. 

The doors opened to my floor and I turned on my heel and stormed out. I didn't glance back at his slack jaw and wide eyed face. He deserves it. He's been acting like a spoiled brat that gets everything he wants, then does whatever he wants and not cares about the other people that were involved with his stupid little games. Jeesh! Grow the fuck up already.