cinq : in through one ear, out through the other

[ considerably shorter chapter! just a filler, sorry :( ]

| paris, france

THE NEXT MORNING, it was to no one's, much less Stella's, surprise that she was called into a meeting with her PR manager, Audrey. She'd been a little stupid the night before when she posted the Instagram that addressed a rumour.

"Morning Audrey," Stella greeted her manager, who was only 4 years older than her.

"Good morning, Stella," Audrey gave her a knowing look, which meant she was about to reprimand Stella, and handed her a hazelnut frappuccino, making Stella's eyes brighter. It was early morning, and she could use some cold drink to waken her.

"Just get on with it Audrey," Stella groaned, not able to bear the stare that Audrey had been holding.

The red head shook her head and chuckled lightly, "What were you thinking, Stel? You know you're not to post about anything that addresses a rumour without consulting me first. Now the media is absolutely on flames."

"Well," Stella began her counter-reasoning, "Was it not obvious to the world that Julian and I only met at the gala? Why cannot I tour my new friend around his new city?"

Audrey rolled her eyes, "Then the said romance can be portrayed as love at first sight. You two sure look like quite the couple."

"How?" Stella scoffed.

The PR manager raised her eyebrows at Stella, as if to say 'like you don't know,' "Firstly, those pictures of you two at the gala were leaked when you two were dancing alone, and then he had his arms around you when you two were walking out of that club together- yes I know Serge was behind you, but you and Julian were walking together. Then, you two have dinner alone at a very fancy restaurant making everyone think you two were on a date. It didn't help when you took selfies at the Eiffel Tower, and then had a nice, romantic stroll by the Seine. What did you think people were going to think?"

Stella stayed quiet, contemplating what she was to say next, "I don't know, okay? Just please release a statement to all the stupid websites reporting me in a relationship with Julian Draxler. Tell them that we get on well because we both speak German and i'm helping him settle into a new city where people do not speak German."

"Don't tell me what to release," Audrey teased, a smile on her face, "Now go on. You're probably busy today, but until everything has calmed down no hanging out with Julian alone."

-

Stella smirked as the call she expected from Audrey came through, "Ça va, Audrey?"

"Estella Greaves," Audrey began yelling in a fume, "Did my words go in through one ear then immediately out through the other?"

Stella cringed, bringing away the phone from her ear, "Chill, Audrey; you're going to deafen me. We're just having lunch, and that's it. He's leaving for training after."

"I don't care Stella! You're still alone  together! And don't even try and tell me that Serge is in the toilet or something. I know that he's in Abu Dhabi! Gina's not there either because she's in Monaco!" Audrey rushed.

Julian and Stella were only together without Serge because he had midnight flight to Abu Dhabi the night of the whole tourist debacle. He was to participate in a training camp with his international teammates ahead of the Africa Cup of Nations, and the Ivory Coast were hoping to protect their title.

"Actually, we're not alone," Stella flashed her eyes up at the seemingly amused Julian, "We're meeting Izabel and Kevin here,"

"Oh great, now you two are on a double date. We'll talk later- you're in big trouble Missy," Audrey reprimanded.