dix-huit : the campaign

march eighteenth | paris, france

AS PSG HAD AN ALL DAY and night training, and Gina had been refusing to leave her boyfriend in Monaco, Stella was almost utterly alone in the city. Sure she had friends that she would brunch with occasionally, but not ones that would come to her penthouse for a pig-out takeaway and champagne in pyjamas session.

Ultimately, she called on her favourite cousin, who lived not even 15 minutes away to come and amuse her. He was an avid photographer, and kept taking pictures of her as they watched ANTM on the TV.

"Gio, stop," she whined, pushing away the bulky camera.

He shrieked, bringing the technology to his chest and cradling it as if it was a baby, "Don't touch my camera you twat."

"Don't get all up in my face, you twat," she mocked, sticking her tongue out at him and switching off the television, "Come on, I have a meeting."

Gio trailed behind, "And so why am I coming?"

Stella shrugged, locking the door, "I feel like taking you. It's not a super serious meeting anyway and then we'll have lunch somewhere."

-

They were then in a barren room occupied with just one square window and an oval wood table with eight chairs around it. Her PR manager Audrey and her manager Josie sat together while to Stella's surprise, her mother and Karl Lagerfeld himself sat in one of the chairs.

"Mother, Karl," she said in surprise, greeting the two fashion designers formally, "I didn't expect you two to be here."

"Yes, we've decided that it would be more of a surprise if you didn't know that he'd be here," Josie commented, "Sit down, and i'll let Mr. Lagerfeld do the honours."

"I'm here for support," her mother added.

"We'll get to the point here, Stella," Karl began, "Chanel wants you to do a collection and campaign. You have not done a Chanel campaign in almost two years which is an absolute shocking fact since everyone at Chanel practically agrees that you're the perfect Chanel girl, of course as well as a Von Greaves girl. Like Gigi Hadid is a Tommy and Versace girl, we want you to be really embedded in the brand. I've talked with your mother about this, Stella and she agrees that this will be a good move in your restart in modelling should you take it. Basically, we want you to do a whole campaign and collection with Chanel. CHANEL x STELLA, imagine that."

The model gasped, her eyes watering almost. She was entirely in love with the brand, and it's always an absolute dream whenever she works with them.

"I'd love to!" she gushed, "Oh my God, thank you so much."

Karl grinned in delight, "This campaign is going to be spectacular, Stella. You're the main focus of this, but your shoot co-stars will be chosen just for you, for the photos that need one. They'll not just be models, Stella, celebrities too. Imagine yourself on a billboard in Times Square with Dave Franco or Shawn Mendes. I want this to be the campaign of the year."

"This does mean your work time is to be increased and you're going to have to stay living in Paris for a while longer. No moving to London or New York or L.A just yet," Josie told her.

"Wasn't planning on it," she sighed, "Oh, this is going to be amazing."

-