+ one shot : royal wedding of the year

march nineteenth twenty twenty-one | paris

IT WAS A FRIDAY, but it was not only a Friday. Perhaps, it was the most important Friday to them. Stella was sipping on the only flute of champagne she was to have before the big event- their wedding.

"I cannot believe it has taken you two this long to wed. Gosh, you could've just gotten hitched off that one time you went to Vegas with him and his friends," Gina chuckled from the couch of the Greaves chateau. Stella was getting ready there with only her makeup artist, her hair stylist and a few close people. Julian's mother and her own mother buzzed around, making phone calls checking on guests and seeing if everything was in place for the ceremony and reception.

"It's the right time now," Stella countered, "It's perfect, and you know me, i'd want to have something beautiful because Julian does not deserve a sketchy, drunk Vegas wedding."

"He'd marry you anytime, any place," Theo strolled into the room and kissed his now-wife on the cheek as he set down Stella's favourite dessert food on the table. Her makeup artist had finished with her makeup and now only her hair was being done.

Serena Greaves clinked into the room, a look of stress evident on her face, "Darling, are you sure you're ready? No cold feet? We can cancel the entire thing if you want!"

"Mother! You've been wanting this for years! Seems like you're getting cold feet. I love Julian; i'm not nervous at all," Stella reassured her, "My dress?"

As she spoke, her dress was wheeled into the room by a rack, showing the garment she had been working on the moment Julian proposed almost two years ago. The design went through many, many, many, many drafts, but that was due to her ever-swaying mind. Only a few months ago had she finalised it and she swore it was absolutely perfect. A top made of the finest mesh and lace, met with an encrusted waist and sleeve and chest of precious jewels costing thousands before it poured into a flowing silk skirt, bedazzled with gold detailing with a considerable train. It was beautiful, breathtaking and definitely perfect for Stella.

"Also, mama, they're kind-off all in this together now?" Gina called from the couch.

"And i'm glad," Serena let out a sigh, pressing a kiss on her daughter's head much to the pleasure of the hair stylist fitting a golden tiara-like headpiece in her hair, "How's my grandson?"

"Gio sent me the cutest photo of him," Stella squeaked, rushing to her phone to show her mother the photograph of her son.

Gioven (j-oh-ven) Draxler was born in December 2019 unplanned, but he was the most beautiful thing that arrived in their world. They were so in love with him and his precious being. Giovanni believed that Gioven was named after him, but Stella swore he wasn't- she just fell in love with the name upon stumbling on it. At first, Stella was a little downhearted when she first became pregnant- she had only boosted back into the fashion world two years prior, but she learnt that she still got jobs in editorials, and many, many people wanted photoshoots of her pregnant. He was already 1 and a bit years old and was getting ready with his dad nearer to the ceremony location.

"Stella, darling, time to go," Monika gazed at her from the doorway leading into the spacious living room, "It's a lengthy drive so you can gather yourself."

By then, Stella had stepped into her dress and was suited in. She was to have a limo to the ceremony as her dress would be all creased and ruined if she went in a normal car, even an SUV. The ride was just a little lengthy and that was time to prepare herself for the next stage of her life's beginning. As she said, she wasn't nervous. It just took a little time to take in the fact that she was marrying the love of her life after exactly four years. Yes, they chose the date to coincide with their anniversary so they'll only have one day to remember.