+ one shot : victoria's secret fashion show

WETHER YOU AGREED with the whole idea of the show or not, you must admit that the show was a pretty big deal, and walking in it was almost every supermodel's dream. They try out time and time again just to be cast by Ed for a few struts down the runway on a cold November night, but it's a harsh world and only the best are accepted.

It's a social media frenzy and a massive opportunity to launch your social status with all those beautiful women. Countless Instagrams in those silk robes or your outfits boosted you a few million followers up; it was crazy really.

At 19, Stella Greaves found herself on that runway in two beautiful outfits under the watchful eyes of a New York crowd as Justin Bieber performed along. Since then, she hadn't walked the few New Yorks, London or Paris, despite attending all.

It took a little encouragement from her management to even audition, and she even got phone calls from Kendall, Gigi, Bella, Behati, Candice, Taylor and most persistently, Izabel, to join. A veteran angel, Izabel gushed on always about the magic of the show and encouraged her to join. Stella continued to work for VS frequently even after the first show and it was a wonder how she wasn't made into an angel instantly when Ed gave her the green light for the 2018 show, which was fortunately being held at the Grand Palais again.

She had walked the Grand Palais just a few months earlier at Paris Fashion Week S/S for Chanel, and it all seemed surreal when she saw the runway. Stella could only imagine the place being filled out and the lights and all.

"Excited?" Izabel tugged on Stella's identical silk VS bomber jacket as they looked around the venue with the other models. It was the day of the show and they couldn't be more thrilled.

"Ecstatic," Stella confirmed, "Oh God, why haven't I auditioned the last few years?"

Izabel agreed happily, "But you're here now to show VS what they've been missing. Kev texted me; he and Julian have their suits ready."

The two footballers were going to watch front row after training, and then would make an appearance on the pink carpet for the afterparty.

"I wish I could see him before the show," Stella sighed, "I'm as nervous as I am excited."

"You'll do amazing; you're made for this," Gigi walked past and squeezed her arm as she overheard.

Soon, the models were called backstage to begin preparations. Hair and makeup would take hours because everything had to be perfect for the night. She knew the look VS desired: tousled, bouncy hair and makeup that was natural, and yet there still.

Backstage was also the time for selfies and pictures and interviews. Every magazine wanted an inside special of the process. Izabel and Taylor Hill were either side of Stella, who was absolutely in awe of the busy backstage.

Hours and hours later, and a lot of media stuff aside, Stella was being ushered into her first look out of two.

"Damn, Stella. You're so lucky," Candice squeezed the girl proudly, "A lot of models wanted your look, you know?" The VS looks weren't just handed out simply; if the models wanted a look, they'd have to fight for it.

"Thank you, Candice," she grinned, "I'm so excited for tonight."

"Well, next year you're sure to be an angel," Candice winked before strutting away.

Stella was not in the first segment, but Izabel was. As the Brazilian was being fussed around to get her next outfit on, she rushed to Stella, "Stel! I saw Kevin and Julian in the front row, thank God. You know, they're not very good with fashion events; i'm surprised they actually made it in."

"Remember Von Greaves at Spring/Summer? They left their passes and couldn't reach us so they actually went on their Instagrams to prove we were dating them!" Stella burst out in laughter, imagining the situation at the entrance of the show.

"Idiots," Izabel rolled her eyes good-naturedly, "Anyway, you look gorgeous. Don't forget to have fun out there."

The side of the stage was always one of the most nerve-racking things in the whole fashion industry. They were the few seconds you had to take it all in, the few seconds to immerse yourself in the vibe and the few seconds before you were exposed to the runway.

"3,2,1," an organiser breathed, before releasing her onto the stage where The Weeknd was performing an upbeat song. There were usually two moods in the segments; dark,slow and sultry, or fun, fast and bouncing.

She grinned slyly at the cameras, focused her walk, and did the whole pointing to the cameras and dancing on the runway thing. Julian and Kevin were towards the end of the side of the runway, but in a crowd of millions, Stella could recognise Julian's bright, dazzling smile. She pointed at them and gave a wink, before arriving at the end of the runway and doing a few seconds of poses and a hair flick for her turn. The German was clapping and whooping the entire time she was working down the stage.

"Stella Celine Greaves, you fucking stole the show!" Gigi screeched in euphoria, having just been singing and dancing to the music playing. The American shook Stella, who was laughing and breathing heavily, by the shoulders, "Seriously! You bitch!"

"Easy, Gigi," Stella giggled, "You're going to rock in the next segment."

-

Julian saw her three more times down the runway after: the second look, and twice for the second taping of the show. He was no less excited than the last time and his hands were pink after the whole thing.

"You did amazing," he pressed his lips against hers passionately and cuddling her waist with his arms, "I'm so proud of you, mon cœur."

"Thank you, Juli. I can't tell you how much I appreciate that," she sighed, leaning against his shoulder. She, along with almost every single model who had walked, was beyond exhausted, but they had to keep their smiles and dancing demeanour on for a few more hours for the after party, "No more kissing me now."

Stella brushed on her lipstick and had someone take a picture of her and Julian before the pink carpet. She was dressed in an exposing, custon-made, mid-thigh Ziad Nakad haute couture piece that glittered in every angle. Julian was in awe every time he caught a glance at her.

"Now, shall we?" Julian held out his hands for her to take as they were told that their car had arrived. He was simply in a white button up and trousers, but he looked dashing as ever, "You look beautiful, Stella."

"And you look handsome, my prince," she winked, before deciding to kiss him. Julian was a lot more important than her lipstick, which was a thing she recited often before she would place her lips on his to leave a stain.

They weren't often on red carpets together since award shows and events and all happened mid-season and Julian was hardly ever let off for an event. Their favourite carpet they had ever walked together was the Paris Gala carpet. It brought back many memories the time they waked months prior and Stella hoped they would never miss an appearance there together.

But they loved the red carpet, having learned to appreciate it slowly. They posed and grinned and laughed for magazine articles and best or worst dressed lists, but they didn't mind because it was them who brought them together in the first place; it was them who rose Stella and Julian to stardom to be graced with the opportunity to meet each other at the gala; it was them that Stella owed everything to, even Julian- it was the flashes.