trente-deux : bound

december twenty-eighteen | paris, france

STELLA LOOKED RADIANT in the mirror, with her dress that skimmed the hardwood floor. Cheeks pink, eyes bright and her lips turned up into a smile, she looked like a goddess. You could already picture it: as Stella walks into a room, all eyes will turn on her.

"You look amazing," Giovanni uttered, his camera slowly being brought back down to his chest after he had taken a picture of her. It dangled there with its lens focused on the girl, "Don't take the spotlight from Aimée though."

"I don't plan to," she chuckled, "It's her big day. Where's Jule?"

"With the groomsmen and all," Giovanni replied, "He might as well be one."

Stella frowned, "Why aren't you there?"

"I was ordered to come and take pictures. André wanted me to be the one capturing the behind-the-scenes photos of his bride. Weird one he is," Giovanni rolled his eyes, "God, I can't believe he's getting married!"

Stella huffed, "He's 27- I think it's time. He's been with Aimée for a decade or something. You and Alana are probably on your way soon too."

Giovanni blushed and looked down, "Hopefully," Giovanni had met a girl, Alana, on a shoot he was photographing and it all lead on from there. They'd been dating for just over a year, "But not before you and Jule, obviously."

"Sure," she hummed, though not opposed to the idea, "Come on, I should probably get back to the bride."

Aimée was stood smack centre in the room beside the one she was just in. People fussed around her- mostly her glam team. Her dress was absolutely beautiful; of course, it was custom designed by Serena Greaves, since who else did Aimée want to wear on her wedding day?

"Stella," Aimée breathed, beckoning her over with her tone, "Stel, i'm so nervous."

The girl grasped Aimée's hands and smiled, "Why? You're about to marry the love of your life. This is the start of your life, Aim."

And as Aimée walked down the velvet carpet of the hall, she was not nervous. Stella's words floated around her head like a Photo Booth filter: This is the start of your life. The petals were tossed as she made her way down the aisle, one hand hooked around her father's. The love of her life was stood at the end of the carpet, with his teeth clamped on his bottom lip in an effort to keep in the tears which threatened to spill.

Stella, one of Aimée's bridesmaids, smiled in awe at the top of the altar, pondering on the perfectness of the wedding, and how everything would be at her own wedding. Let's face it- almost every girl has an idea of what their dream wedding would be like and Stella's ideas were vivid in her mind.

Julian was sat in one of the front rows beside Stella's mother and Stella's father. Nico and Rosa were to the left of Jerome. The football star caught Stella's eyes and grinned widely; that grin that made her heart melt every time.

"Hey stranger," he had whispered above her ear after the wedding ceremony concluded. Chills were sent down her neck and spine.

Stella said nothing in response, instead placing a hand on his cheek and guiding his head down to hers. She pouted her lips out to meet with his. Julian chuckled, sending vibrations through her, and responded instinctively with his lips moulding softly with hers.

The wedding reception venue was connected to the ceremony venue by a few double doors and the newly married couple took their place at a table facing all the others. The parents of André and Aimée sat alongside the couple, while Julian and Stella shared a table with Giovanni and Alana, as well as Claude, Lisa and not-so-little-anymore Nina.