Chapter 3

I grabbed my expensive Chanel purse and wobbled into the cafe. I was meeting my best friend Mia for lunch and a little shopping. She watched as I walked in.

I sat down in the chair across from her.

"Girl, is your baby done baking yet?" She asked.

I chuckled.

"I don't know, but I'm sure as hell ready for her to come."

"So tell me why Tony don't want me to come to the Miami game... And I caught him texting some chick named Tee. Who the hell is Tee?"

Mia shrugged her shoulders and chuckled at my anger.

Mia never looked up after I explained that I had caught Tony texting another woman. I guess she wasn't interested in his crap.

Me and Tony stayed together all through high school and college. We both went to Vanderbilt University in Nashville and we lived together. He was the captain of the basketball team. After we graduated, we got married and he got drafted into the NBA. We moved backed to Memphis so he could play for the Grizzlies. A couple years later, he started playing for Oklahoma City Thunder. And now, we're right here in L.A. I thought about how if Tony had tried to talk to Mia, that could've all been stuff she did. I knew she still had anger towards me for getting with her crush.

"Ke, y'all are some late bloomers. Why y'all just now having a kid? If it was me, I would've been had me a couple of em."

"Well we just weren't ready. I had to make sure Tone was stable in his career first."

Mia moved to L.A. Immediately after she dropped out of college. She wanted to become an actress, but things didn't turn out that way. She instead started waitressing, and ended up meeting a famous actor, then married him. She had two kids. Now she's on one of the housewife shows, and she's begging me to be on the show too. F*ck that, I don't need everybody in me and Tony's business.

We entered one of the high priced stores and immediately saw a pair of heels. They were just perfect in my eyes and I had to get em. They were $2,000 , no biggie for me right? Mia bought some blazers (one of each color of the rainbow), some sunglasses, and some heels.

"Dang girl, you gone wear all of that! "

"Ke, I'm rich, I'll buy what I want. I haven't even worn half the stuff I've already bought."

"The typical rich person." I said joking.

"So how's my baby shower coming along? I know you've planned a great one." I said

"Girl yes, I've gotten the decorations, the cake, the male strippers, the invitations"

"Woah what!? The strippers?!" I asked in shock.

"Ke, I'm just playing." She said laughing.

I laughed too.

Later that night.......

"Baby, I'm home!" I heard Tone say as he walked upstairs to me.

He came into our room and handed me a dozen roses, and a king size Hershey's chocolate bar (my favorite).

I was sitting on our bed watching tv. He came and kissed me on the lips. For a minute we had a make out session, which gave me pleasure.

"I love you Kelise!" He said passionately.

"I love you too" I said.