Chapter 18

Picture of Kalani above ^^

Kalani's POV

I opened my eyes and realized that my hands and feet were tied together. My body was duck-taped to a wooden chair. The room almost resembled an underground garage. The two men who "kidnapped" me walked in laughing and talking.

"I heard the man that's paying us to do the job is in the NBA," one of the men said.

"Yeah, I heard it was Tony Barnett. When he comes up here to pay boss man for the job, I'ma ask him if he can he autograph something for me to give to my son. He's obsessed with that man."

I thought for a moment. "Wait, so Tony's deadbeat-ass set this up. I can't believe Kelise is even still with him. I don't even know if she actually cares that I'm missing.

Kelise's POV

Twice and I were riding in his car on the way to where my car that Kalani drove was parked. I had OnStar to track the car's location. We pulled up in a dark alley. I noticied that the window was broken and glass was shattered on the side of the car. Kalani's cellphone was sitting on the seat. "DAMMIT," I said out loud.

___________________________________________________________________________

I was back at the house crying and hoping that somehow my sister would be found safely. Suddenly, my phone began to ring and I was surprised to see a call from Mia, my ex-bestfriend.

"Can I help you," I answered asking her.

"Um, hey Kelise. Look, I know you're probably mad that your husband got me pregnant and WE"RE expecting a child, but I just wanted to give you some valuable information that you could use to find your little sister."

"I'm listening," I said as I rolled my eyes.

"She's at an underground parking garage tied to a chair. I can text you the address. Just hurry and go get her. Oh, and DO NOT bring anyone else with you. Because the people may think you're trying to set them up by bringing an undercover cop or something. "

"You sound like you're making all of this up," I said to her.

"Well, it's true. I'm just tryna help you find your sister. You know what they say, us babymamas gotta' stick together," she said laughing.

"Why would Tony even tell you where she was," I asked.

"Because, he trusts me," she simply said.

____________________________________________________________________________

30 mins later

Right now, I didn't trust anyone to watch Kadence,not even Twice, and since my parents were in another city and don't know about Kalani's kidnapping, I couldn't get her to them. I was too scared to tell them about Kalani's kidnapping because then I'd have to go into the reason why she left, and I didn't wanna' tell them that Tony was abusing me. I had made the decision to carry Kadence with me.

I arrived to the address that Mia texted to my phone, and knocked on the steel door. The door opened, and I stepped in. Mia was standing directly in my path. She had her right hand behind her back.
"Where's my sister," I demanded.

"Did you think I was really going to help you," she said. She pulled a gun from behind her back and pointed it directly at my face.
"Hand me the baby," she demanded.

Hey guys sorry for the long wait. My computer is temporarily broken so I've had to update on my phone. Tell me what you think though.

-What do you think will happen next?
-Do you think Twice will come to the rescue?