Chapter 16

Kelise POV

"Keliseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!." I heard Kalani yell, "I'm hungr--KELISE!." she grabbed my face, "What happened, Did Tony do this to you?" I nodded sobbing silently to myself. "Oh my god..come on, lets go get you cleaned up." Kalani helped me up on my weak legs and carried me to the guest bathroom downstairs. "W-Wheres Kay?" I looked down at the blood being painted on to the white mosiac tiled floor from my clothes. 

"In the nursery,' I said weakly.

"Has he always treated you like this," Kalani asked as she put a cold towel up to my lip.

"Kalani, you don't need to be worrying yourself about this. This is my problem, that I have to deal with. It's my fault," I told her.

"YOU NEED TO LEAVE THIS NIGGA. If not, he will keep beating your ass and eventually start mistreating your kid. And he knew you coudn't have sex until after the doctor said it was okay on your sixth week check-up. He could've damaged your body Ke," Kalani said in frustration. She then left the bathroom unexpectedly, leaving me all alone. Two minutes later, she came back holding my cell-phone in her hand.

"What are you doing," I asked as she scrolled.

"I'm calling Twice. I'm gonna' tell him how Tony has been treating you," she said

"Kalani NO," I said as i began coughing up blood. I guess Kalani got the message. Instead of calling Twice, she dialed 911. I could here the voice of the operator.

"911 what's your emergency," the operator's voice said. As Kalani started to speak,  I crawled over to where she was standing, and sunk my nails into her leg.

"OUCH! What the hell dude," she screamed as she dropped the phone to the ground.

"Is everything alright ma'am," the operator asked through the phone loudly. Before Kalani could say anything, I immediately ended the call.

"Listen Kalani, either do what the f*ck I tell you, or get the f*ck up outta' my house," I said to her.

"Fine, I'll leave," she said nonchalantly.

"Okay," I replied. I knew it would be just a matter of time before she came running back. I wasn't even gonna' tell my parents about this, because I knew Kalani didn't plan on going back home.  I'll let her find out what she's getting herself into. Even though I knew she was trying to protect me, I wanted her to stay in her place. I'm a grown ass woman, I don't need a teenager telling me how to live my life. Everything I do is for a reason.

~30 minutes later

I heard the front door slam loudly. As I peeked out of my bedroom window, I saw Kalani speed off in my white Mercedes Benz.

I then limped down the hall slowly to the baby's nursery to check on her. As I walked down the hallway, I passed by one of the restrooms and heard Tony talking on his celllphone.

"Yeah, she just left. I need you to follow her and make sure her lil' nosey ass don't come back. Do whatever you gotta' do. "

I wasn't scared of Tony until now. I was scared that he would keep beating me on a regular basis. One thing I won't let him get away with is trying to harm my little sister. I continued walking to the baby's nursery and immediately closed and locked the door once I got in. My back was against the door. I shut my eyes and took a deep breath. After a fe seconds I pulled my cellphone out of my pocket and searched for Twice's number. I texted him and told him about Kalani running off and how I heard Tony's conversation on the phone. Twice had already told me that he had connections with the police department.

Kalani's POV

I stormed out of Kelise's house in frustration. I pulled a pack of cigarettes and a lighter from my purse, lit it, then backed out of the driveway. As I was driving, a black SUV truck pulled behind me and got real close. I got in the left lane, then they did too. As I aproached the red light, the trucked pulled up next to me and the passenger's window rolled down. A man with a mask pointed his gun at me.

"PULL OVER NOW," he yelled.

I panicked then ran through the red light. After driving for a few minutes, I didn't see the SUV in sight. Just to make sure I lost the man, I detoured through an alley.