Chapter 9: Quarrel between Siblings

(Bill's POV):

It was her. Not her.

"BILL? Is that you??!" I heard from down the hall. Mabel looks at me, with confusion clearly in her eyes.

"You're about to find out," I whisper to Shooting Star. Before starting down the hall. I could tell Mabel didn't want to know. Her steps were shorter than usual, a smile was not there but a uneasy grimace was. It might've been the heels too.

"Sugar pie, is that you?" I hear Veronica say. Her smile is sickly sweet as she looks at me.

"Hi Veronica," I say, a little more angry than I should've.

"Who is this?" Veronica asks me, looking at Mabel with a glare. A clear disgust was easily seen in Veronica's eyes.

"I would like you to meet my fiancée, Veronica. I wasn't able to tell you downstairs that I already was engaged," I say as a smirk appeared on my lips.

Veronica looked a little angry, and that made me happy.

"Where did you find this piece of trash? What is her name?" Veronica asks.

"Her name is Mabel.." I say before I'm interrupted.

"My name is Mabel, Mabel Pines. And it's so very nice to meet you...." Shooting star says, with a pause waiting for her name. Mabel placed her hand out, her smile a little bit fake.

"I'm Veronica, Veronica Malentino." She says to Mabel, who clearly was oblivious to Veronica's hate glare.

Shooting star takes her hand away," Well it's nice to meet you anyway," she says.

I cut in, "Well ladies, I need to take Mabel downstairs, and Veronica, why don't you go and flirt with my brother? You've been doing it for awhile now," I say, angering her a little more. Mabel becomes quiet, next to me.

"Bill Cipher! How dare you talk that way to me!" She shrieks.

"I can talk any way I want, and you're not my mother," I retort.

"I'm your fiancée!" She says, with vast anger.

"Ha! Like that's ever going to happen!" I retort back, holding onto Mabel's arm," I never agreed to anything anyway."I say lastly.

"But I thought you at least liked me," Veronica replied.

"I tolerate you, Veronica." I say, before turning away and walking down my grand staircase. Mabel was beside me.

She was quiet, before she spoke up," So that's why....? So you could get back at some chick who thinks she is your fiancée..?" Mabel says, looking up at me with her glittering eyes.

"Yes, basically. Oh! And also you need this," I say before snapping my fingers. A diamond ring appears on her left hand.

Mabel gave me a look, and I say," That's so you can actually look like you are engaged,"

Mabel sighs, before we get to the end of the stairs.

---------------------

"Shooting star? Are you okay?" I ask her.

"Yeah, I'm fine." Is all she says back, Mabel is faced forward while we walk. You could tell that she finally got the hang of it, walking in those heels. My shooting star looked gorgeous right now, as I look at her.

She looked lost in thought while keeping her eyes forward. I quickly snap my fingers, wanting to change her outfit.

The dress changed to a long black dress with gold detailing on the bodice. The shoes were replaced tall black and gold heels.