Heaven's Calling

I was upstairs in my room blasting “Knives and Pens” by BVB, (abbreviation for Black Veil Brides), while trying to “study” for my three exams tomorrow.

   I’m in my last year of high school, and I’m really glad. I get called all those sweet words that don’t even exist; ‘emo’ being one of them. It means emotional. Most of them know Andy is my brother, but that makes it worse.

“Hey, Ash. What are you doing?” Andy asked, walking into my room.

“Studying….get out,”

 “Oh, yeah. Black Veil Brides are great to listen to when you’re studying,” Andy said, sarcastically.

   I just rolled my eyes and looked back at my mathematics book which made no sense at all to me.

   Andy helps me with my math homework to this day! It’s so complicated….to me. My parents aren’t around enough to help me, so Andy does. He makes sure I get my homework done, and that my grades are right.

    “Anyway, do you want to come to band practice with me? You know, take a break from ‘studying’,” Andy made quotation marks with his fingers when he said the word “studying."

“Jinxx is going to be there."

 I forgot to mention that I have a huge crush on Jinxx, who is one of the two guitar players for Black Veil Brides.

“I don’t care,” I lied, blushing.

 “Come on. You know you want to,” Andy nudged me, smirking.

 “Fine! Let’s go,” I said, turning my music off, and throwing my book to the side.

 “I knew you’d change your mind,” I got up off my bed, and followed Andy downstairs. Our parents were there.

“Hey, Mom. Can Ashley come to band practice with me?”

 “Sure. Just be back by nine. She has three important exams tomorrow,” My mom said.

“Ok, bye.”

“Yeah, right. That’s funny....nine,” Andy laughed, and made me laugh.

     I turned on the radio to the rock channel. Nothing good was on, so I put in a BVB album called We Stitch These Wounds. “Sweet Blasphemy” came on first. It was my favorite song off that record! I knew every lyric perfectly by heart. “I love this song!” I exclaimed. “Yeah, that’s because your brother is Andy Biersack, and you have wonderful taste in music.”

    When we got to Jake, another guitar player’s house, Jinxx, CC, and Jake were already there, but they were still waiting for Ash, who IS a dude even though his name is Ashley.

“Hey, Dudes.” I said, walking in.

“Hey, Little Biersack.” CC said. That’s been his nickname for me since we met eight years ago.

“Hey, CC. Hey, Jinxx.” I smiled flirtatiously, when I waved to Jinxx.

“Hey, Ash. What’s up?”

 “Not much,” I went to sit beside Jinxx, and we continued talking until Ash got there.

“Hey, guys. Sorry I’m late. Oh, hey, Ash,” Ashley said, trying to be smooth. I just rolled my eyes, and said: “Keep dreaming, Purdy Boy."

“So we going to practice?” Jake asked.

 “Yeah, let’s go,”

 I followed the guys to where they practice. Each of them took their instruments and places. Andy sings, Jinxx and Jake play guitar, Ash plays bass, and CC plays drums.

The guys started and I took out my phone because it vibrated. It was from Chris; Chris Motionless of Motionless In White. He’s one of my good friends and he’s really nice, too.

Chris- Hey, I just put up the “Abigail” video.

Ashley- YAY! Gonna watch it after band practice. I’m with the guys.

Chris- K. And I’m gonna be at the next show.

Ashley- Sweet. Can’t wait 2 see u there. I haven’t seen u in forever. I’m so busy with school.

Chris- Well, it’s your senior year. You have to work really hard.

Ashley- I know. I have an A or a B in every class…except math.

Chris- Good girl. See? I told u Andy could bring your grades up and that’s just the thing u have a problem with.

Ashley- Yeah, ur right. Anyway, I gotta go be4 Andy see’s me.

Chris- Lol. Kay. See u soon, Ash.

Ashley- Love you, dude.

Chris- Love u, too, sis. <3

Me and Chris are really close friends. I put my phone back in my pocket and watched as the guys finished up “Coffin” from their new EP. There’s even going to be a release thing where they perform the three songs. Some lucky fans get to go, and other celebrities. I never got to go to the We Stitch These Wounds or the Set The World On Fire releases because my mom wouldn’t let me go.

“How’d it sound?” Andy asked.

“Great. You always do.”