The cycle of death

Aries POV

I dragged the bloody bag up the steep stairs, the boss better be happy. I grunted at the heaviness of the bag. The look on his family's face when I held his head in my hands, severed, I have seen it countless amounts of times, to the point where it doesn't faze me anymore.

I pushed the door open and saw the boss standing by the window. "Did you finish the job?" He asked me. I almost made a sarcastic comment, almost, but I bit it back. "Yes sir." I pushed the bag to him. "Your rewards lay on the table." He pointed. I almost drooled at the mountain of gold, well it wasn't really a mountain, more of a hill but it was still gold!

"You have another task." He smoked his cigarette. When would this end? "Sir?" I asked, pretending to be interested. He held out a crumpled piece of paper for me to read. "A competition?" I was bored with it until my eyes landed on the prize, I would never have to work again if I won! But why was he showing me this?

"You will enter this competition to get close to the king, I want you to kill the king." He smirked. "The king sir? But he isn't any more then my age?" I tried to get out of it. "He is still a human isn't he? I want him dead, bring me his head." He ordered.

I sighed, the cycle repeats, again.

Scorpio's POV

I groaned as I checked my backpack, I had to go back into town. I hated the town, too many annoying people and I barely had enough money for bread. I live on the outskirts with the other rogues. I have one rule: mind your own damn business and I will mind mine.

I put on my shawl and flipped the hoodie onto my head, I needed to stay low. I am pretty sure I have a bounty on my head. Ya a few murders here and there but it wasn't like I enjoyed it, it was because they almost turned me in.

I walked into the cluttered town, keeping my eyes to the ground but keeping an eye out for any royalty. I turned my head and I spotted the king. Shit, I have to leave. I grabbed the food and hurried my way out, but then I passed a poster. "Defeat the beast...get rewards?" I was suddenly interested and ripped the poster off the wall and left.

Leo's POV

"Thank you for helping me put the posters up Sag." I said with deep gratitude. "It's quite alright, you said you had to go somewhere?" He reminded. I suddenly remembered I had to go to the Anima village. I grabbed a poster and began my trip.

It wasn't that far, just far enough to be well away from civilization. A flash of orange crashed into me. "Help! I'm being kidnapped!" I said in a surprisingly girly voice. Before I knew it my hands were tied and I was gagged, good going me.

I turned my head and saw a fit man with tiger fur and markings next to me. He grunted at me like a caveman, he couldn't speak English. He shoved me into the village and took me to a large tent

He pushed me to my knees and bowed himself. "Leave." She said shortly. The man got up and left, guess he understands English but couldn't speak it. She cleared her throat before circling him. She had a beautiful sharp face matched with a slender body, her hair was tied up in a high ponytail and decorated with peacock feathers.

I was glad for the gag in my mouth because I probably would have kissed her right then and there. "Why you here?" She squinted. I glanced at my gag. She ripped it off of me and looked me straight in the eyes.

"Can you untie me?" I asked nicely. "Make wrong move and I cut you to pieces." She threatened and cut me free. I stood up and dusted myself off. "I believe this is yours." I said with a raised eyebrow. She looked surprised at the feather but quickly suppressed her expression.

"What you talking about?" She turned her back. My eyes couldn't help but gaze down her sleek back, it was bare and the line down her back suddenly seemed mesmerizing. I cleared my throat and got back to business.

"Would you like to join the competition?" I held out a poster. She turned back and squinted at it. "Read what it say, I do not understand English writing." She shook her head. I nodded and repeated the words to her that were on the poster. "Hm, I have no use for the money, so I refuse." She huffed.

"I can offer you other things!" I suddenly blurted. I needed her in the competition, these people were fearsome fighters. "What you can offer?" She looked back at me. "Uh anything you wish for your village!" I said.

"Anything?" She raised a curious eyebrow. "Anything." I breathed. "Ok I join, but if I die, you promise to take care of village." She said sternly. "Wait are you the leader?" I asked, shocked. "Yes I am princess, you shocked a woman can rule as well?" She crossed her arms.

"Uh of course not!" I said quickly. "Take me to your castle." Her accent was bleeding through the words. "Don't mind if I do." I sighed and escorted her out. She began speaking loudly in the foreign language. Everyone gasped and whispered as she spoke.

"Ok let's go." She finally smiled at me and walked next to me.

A little bit short sorry!