Saved

Cancer POV

Oh god oh god, I can't let another person die in my hands, I refuse for that to happen. I shoved a crushed herb down his throat, not bothering to be gentle because of my rush. "Taurus make him sit up." I ordered. Taurus lifted him into a sitting position.

I quickly looked around for a container and found a trashcan under his night stand. I grabbed it, dumped the contents on the floor, and then placed it in front of him. He was breathing heavily and his hair was damp with sweat. I waited for the herb to take effect and to make it faster I started rubbing his back in small circles.

He finally put his head in the trashcan and threw up everything in his stomach. I continued rubbing his back, I could feel the small spasms trail down his spine every time another wave hit him and he threw up again.

Taurus winced but kept Leo in the sitting condition. "What the hell is going on here?!" Aries barged in. I didn't respond because I was too busy. "Aries, can you examine the contents in this?" Taurus used his other hand and handed the bottle to him.

Aries looked at it for a moment and then nodded and left. Leo was left gasping for air and was thankful for the break. I put a hand on his head and found him burning up. I waited for a few more minutes to make sure he was done.

"Carry him to the bed." I told Taurus. Taurus picked him up and then gently placed him on the silky sheets. Leo could barely lift his head off the bed. He opened his golden eyes but instead of being their usual bright color they seemed faded and dark.

He flopped his head back down on the head and coughed. "You're ok." I soothed him by placing a damp cloth on his forehead. I moved his hair out of the way before flipping the cloth and giving him the cool side.

Taurus stood next to me with his arms crossed and with an angry look ok his face. "What the hell is wrong with you?!" He yelled. Leo opened one eye and glanced at him. "You shouldn't let one death bring you down like this! As a king you will face many deaths and if one affected you like this?!" Taurus pointed.

"Taurus." I warned. "If he dies the whole kingdom is over with no heir to take the throne!" Taurus yelled. "TAURUS!" I screamed to silence him. I looked back at Leo who had placed the cloth over his eyes and a drop of tear slid down the side of his head.

"I think you should leave." I said sternly with Taurus. He glared at me and then left. I took the cloth off and dipped it in the cool water. Leo stared up at the ceiling. "He is right, I'm unfit as King." He gulped. I gripped the wet cloth to squeeze the excess water out. "No, your perfectly fine, you're just too hard on yourself." I said.

"I just tried to KILL myself!" He strained to say but then coughed violently. "You loved her, if the person I loved was ripped away from me I would be in the same position as you." I said while placing the cloth on him again.

Aries POV

I tipped the bottle over slightly and saw a little bit of liquid still in it. I took a whiff and then staggered back, that was some drug, and he had almost take a whole bottle?

"What are you looking at?" Pisces suddenly appeared behind me. "This drug that Leo almost died taking." I held it up to her. "I heard he is alive and resting?" Pisces said. "Ya, he managed to survive but I'm thinking he didn't want to survive." I said. "Let me take a look." Pisces held out her hand.

I hesitantly handed it over to her. She took a glance at it and then smelled it. She didn't flinch at all, not like he had. "I know this drug." She blinked. "What?" I was shocked. "This is Vendrix, more commonly known as Vendetta." She said.

"How do you know?" I asked. "I lived where it was being illegally sold for awhile so I know how it looks and smells." She gave me back the vial. "What does it do?" I asked. Pisces suddenly became fidgety. "Uh...well..." She couldn't keep eye contact with me.

"What does it do?!" I asked again. "It has many uses but the more common one is...." She mumbled. "What?" I couldn't hear her. "It's used for....uh....pleasure..." She gulped. It suddenly felt awkward. I tried moving on. "Well he clearly didn't want to do that." I said.

"The effects vary depending on how much you take when you take a little it's good for...pleasure, when taken in moderate amounts it can stop small headaches and is a pain reliever but when you take too much, you can die." She explained.

"I see." I thought. Taurus walked in angrily. "What do you have on it?" He asked. "It's called Vendetta." I looked at Pisces to explain the rest. After a few awkward minutes Taurus walked off. "Where did he get it?" Pisces asked. "It's only sold on Laania." She said.

I stood up and went immediately to Virgo's room, she should know. I knocked on the door and it cracked open. "What?" She sounded slightly irritated. "Leo just tried to kill himself." I said, wanting her to open the door more. "What?!" Virgo swung the door open. "Is he ok?" She said with a worried look.

The room inside was pitch black looks like Leo wasn't the only one sulking. "Did anyone come here from Laania?" I held up the bottle. She seemed to take a moment to think. "Anyone?" She looked at me. I nodded. "There was a girl who came by, the princess of Laania I believe, she and Leo kind of...." She didn't finish but I understood.

"Name?" I said shortly. "Anatolia." She said. My eyes went wide, I had heard her name before. I had to kill her father....

"Thank you." I decided to put everything aside and just tell Taurus where he got it from. "Taurus?" I went to the library and found him in his usual spot, blowing on a cup of hot tea. "He got this from a girl called Anatolia." I said. Taurus winced as he burned his tongue. "That bitch causes trouble even when she isn't present." He growled. 

"Throw the vial away I never want to see it again." He dismissed me. I chucked the bottle in the trail, hearing it shatter as it hit the bottom.