Intense chess

Scorpio POV

I'm. So. Damn. Bored. There is nothing to do around here, nobody to talk to, not that I wanted to anyway and I started to doubt I was wasting my time here. I'm pretty sure I passed that statue four times. I thought about other things I probably could have done if I didn't come here.

Leo was a wreck, he seemed to be going crazy, muttering things and gasping at random times, it was weird. Everybody's nerves were shot and they were still on the road to recovery. "You seem deep in thought." Virgo said. I turned to face her and gave a bored look.

"There is nothing to do here." I said. "Oh, I know, I'm just as bored especially since...Aquarius isn't around anymore." She struggled to say her name. "You two were best friends correct?" I asked. "Ya, before I got captured and thrown into a dungeon for some years, no big deal." She waved her hand.

"I know you're a rogue." She kept her voice low. "Should I be worried?" I raised an eyebrow. "No I'm just informing you." She shrugged. I squinted, she definitely knew something about me. "What kind of blackmail do you have?" I sighed. "Blackmail on you?" She thought about it.

"I surprisingly have nothing on you, a first!" She said happily. "Oh? I guess I'm that mysterious huh?" I laughed. "I guess so." She laughed with me. "Aaaanyway, want to play intense chess with me?" She grinned.

"What's intense chess?" I was intrigued by this new game. "Well, I got bored with regular chess so I invented intense chess, it involves yelling, killing, and throwing a few things at people, me and Aquarius played it all the time." She offered.

"Why not? I don't have anything better to do." I shrugged and followed her.

(Ok guys I have no idea how to play chess so sorry if I do this wrong.)

Virgo dramatically set the chess bored in between them and sneered at him. "You're the evil King!" She yelled and handed me the black pieces. I didn't mind, I was evil anyway. We set our board up and began the game. "I the LIGHT LORD, declare WAR upon you, evil King!" She pointed at me.

I was startled by her shouting but it made me laugh. "I, the Evil King, humbly accept your declaration." I bowed politely. There was an awkward silence for a moment. "LET THE WAR BEGIN!" She yelled.

Scorpio VS Virgo

"Soldier MOVE!" Virgo took the pawn and moved it. "Move peasant." I said coldly and moved the piece.  "CANNONBALL!" She chucked a pillow in my face and I fell on my back. "Defense has been weakened, approach him." She said darkly. "Oh so that's how this game is played?" The corner of my mouth lifted.

Virgo flinched but kept her determined face. "I send in my assassin and take one of your men hostage." I grabbed a blanket and threw it on her and then quickly snatched a pawn. "No!" She wailed once she got the blanket off.

Another hour of throwing stuff later.

The room was a mess but the game kept going. "My men have you cornered, give in!" She pointed. I saw no way out I was done. "Check. Mate." She grabbed my King piece and raised her fist in victory. "The darkness has succumbed to the light!" She said triumphantly.

"That was fun." I admitted. "I know, I saw it on your face." She winked. "So, do you still have anything to do?" She asked. "No not really." I answered. "Then let's talk." She offered. "Sure." I scooted next to her and spoke.

Aquarius POV

That was an amazing game of intense chess! Nice to see Virgo has a new person to play it with, though after watching it I already missed it. I sighed and watched her chat away with Scorpio, I wish I was really alive right now. "Tick tock, the clock is counting." Ophichus reminded me.

I groaned and left the room. I had to wait for another half a month and if I didn't guarantee the beast's death, then I have to wait another month! Leo was walking around, looking happy and healthy again but I knew that face was just for show, I saw it drastically change as he went into his room.

Wish you could see me. I wrote on the board. "Ya, I wish to, there were so many things I didn't get a chance to do..." He looked like he was about to cry. "Ophichus, is it possible to have him see me?" I asked. "Yes, but I can only do it once with each person so I would be careful." He warned.

I guess now wasn't that time.

Pisces POV

"Scrub scrub scrub, scrubbin' the floor, scrub scrub scrub, scrubbin' the floor." I sang while cleaning the floor. "Good singing." A voice startled me. "Oh Aries." I laughed nervously and blushed. "No really, good singing." He smiled, I had never seen him smile. "So I see your busy." Aries looked at the mop in my hand.

"Oh, ya I guess but it's not really that bad, I had other owners that have made me do worse, this place is heaven to a servant." I explained. "PISCES!" I heard Libra call me. "I think Libra has a crush on you." He joked. "Oh stop it!" I laughed and leaned the mop against the wall.

"Well I have to go help her." I smiled and speed walked away. "What?" I was irritated with her from interrupting my wonderful chat with Aries. "What should I wear?" She held up two nice dresses."

"I'm going to kill you, you sounded like you were dying." I groaned. "Oh come on, Taurus invited me for tea, actually I invited myself but he didn't say anything so I took it as a yes." She said. "Fine, that one." I pointed to the navy blue dress with lace.

"Ok thanks!" She cooed and then turned to the mirror.