Freedom

Virgo's POV

Another year gone by in these disgusting dungeons. The chains clanked together as I walked around the dark dank room. I just wanted clean air and a taste of the sun on my skin, was that too much to ask? Apparently.

So the king has died and now his son is in charge, damn, I should have been the one to kill him. He threw me into this dungeon because of my power. I am a seer, I see things no one can, I feel things nobody ever wants to feel, that is the curse of this gift. I was called many things after being thrown in the dungeons, witch, whore, and all other disgusting words, I want to kill them all with my bare hands.

I pulled my knees up to my chest and sighed. If I could just slaughter that king I could die in peace but I guess death had a different idea, damn it all. A soft knock came on the door. Who knocks anymore? "Who is it?" I asked in an irritated voice.

"Uh I'm probably the last person you want to see but I need your help." The voice said. I gave a low laugh, instantly knowing who it was. "The great KING needs my help?" I smirked. "Ya I really do." He answered quickly.

I heard the lock click and the door open. I felt like running past him and outside but I knew if I did that I would be stuck here for another few years. "You're the uh seer right?" He said nervously. He seemed nervous to talk to me, good, then that means he knows how I feel towards him.

"Yes, the seer your FATHER locked away." I poked his chest. "Uh, you look great considering the fact you've been rotting away?" He winced and instantly regretted the comment. I was gonna smash his head into the wall and all would have been done, but, I wanted to hear what he had to say.

"There has been a beast, feeding on the people of my town, I need you to be able to predict those attacks." He twiddled with his fingers. "Those people can be ripped apart limb from limb and it wouldn't be enough." I said coldly.

"I know you're angry for being in here, but I am offering you a chance at freedom, help me and I will terminate the sentence you must serve." He said seriously. I squinted at him, was he being serious? My sentence is life long so this could be an opportunity.

"Fine I'll help you, but the moment you go against your word I am leaving and you all can die in a bloody mess." I hissed. "Agreed." Leo nodded quickly. He led me outside and I let out a great big sigh, fresh air felt so good. I felt the soft grass still wet with dewdrops on my bare feet, much better then those piss stricken floors.

"Enjoying your freedom so far?" He put his shawl on me and I gladly took it without thanking him, what a savage I was. He walked me all the the way to his palace and I felt small droplets of water plop on my face.

"Now I know you're enjoying your freedom, but would consider a warm hot shower and some gourmet food?" He blinked with his oh so long lashes. "Fine." I said shortly. "Vergo?" The accent changed the I into an e. I turned at the familiar voice. "It been so long!" I felt a crashing force on me, at first I though I was being attacked but then I realized it was a hug.

When I pulled back to look at my assaulter's face I almost gasped. "Aquarius?! You look so different!" She smiled with her perfect white teeth. "You look...different too." She scanned me. "You two know each other?" Leo came to us. "Yes we do, we were friends, before I was captured." I explained.

"Yes friends, Vergo would always convince me to swim in lake, even when I not fan of water." Aquarius smiled at the memory. "Aquarius what's with your accent?" I didn't remember her speaking like this. Aquarius made a motion to shut up, and of course, I didn't.

"I thought you spoke perfect English?" I acted confused. Leo looked at Aquarius who looked defeated. "Ok ok, you got me." Now she spoke in perfect English with no trace of an accent. "What the-" Leo widened his eyes.

"I'm sorry, I have two reasons I faked the accent, one, when I was breaking into your room I didn't want you to know who I was, two because it was kind of fun." Aquarius winced. "Ok no harm done, is your name real at least?" Leo joked. "Yes it is." Aquarius assured.

I looked at the two of them, mostly at Leo. The way he looked at her could make any girl fawn over him. I laughed in my head. Aquarius on the other hand was totally oblivious to any feelings he might have to her, I almost felt sorry for him.

"Well while you two chatter away I'm going to go take my hot shower I haven't had for 3 years." I nodded and walked off. I went into a random room, stripped off my meager clothing and instantly stepped into the scalding hot water. I could feel the dirt rinsing off of me and it felt good.

I grabbed the soap and scrubbed myself until I was sure all the grime was gone and then stood under the shower until the water ran crystal clear. I washed my hair throughly and sighed, my head felt lighter from all the dirt washing away. I stepped out and dried myself.

I stepped out of the bathroom and found clothes laid out for me. I looked specifically at the bra, who the hell knew my cup size?! It was probably Aquarius. I got dressed and finally had the feeling of cleanliness in my head. I looked so much younger without that muck on my face.

I walked out of the room and went into the dining hall and saw a while table of food waiting for me, I grabbed a little bit of each and ate it slowly, savoring each bite. The taste of that mush they gave me in the dungeon was completely out of my head.

"Good right?" Aquarius popped a strawberry in her mouth. "So what are you here for?" I wiped my mouth. "The beast hunt." She blinked at me. "Beast hunt?" I suddenly felt worried. "Are you sure?..." I whispered. If I win I can do so many things for my village." Aquarius said. "Your village? You mean...you're the princess now?!" I sounded surprised.

"Yes, I am the princess now, I don't act like one do I?" She grimaced. "No, you don't, that's what makes you different." I said. She smiled at me and at a grape. "I hope you win." That was all I could say, not like I'm fighting or anything, just the brains behind this I guess.