Massacre

Late at night

Aries POV

Knife? Check. Cloth for blood? Check. Gloves? Check. Tonight I will kill him, I will! I slowly tip toes down the hallway towards his room. I had my dagger in my pocket, I planned to slit his throat, quick and easy. (That's what she said😏😏😂)

I was just about to open the door when I heard a voice, who the hell was awake at this time? I turned and saw Aquarius turning a corner. I quickly moved away so it didn't seem like I was trying to enter him room.

"Aquarius? What are your doing?" I said in a friendly tone. "Eating, what else does it look like?" She put a spoon of yogurt in her mouth. "I see..." I cleared my throat. "And what are you doing?" She questioned. "I couldn't sleep." I said plainly.

"Oh?" She gave me a judging look. "Hey! Don't judge me, I should be judging you, eating at 3 in the morning." I said. "True, true, good night, or good morning rather." She corrected herself and left.

I breathed a sigh of relief and went back to his room. I turned the knob and wasn't surprised that it was locked. I wasn't an expert lock picker and I didn't have anything to pick the lock. I groaned in frustration.

I suddenly had a plan.

I knocked on the door. No answer came so I knocked again. I finally heard rustles and then the door opened. "Oh Aries!" He opened the door fully. "Hello I wanted to ask you a question about the competition." I lied. "At this hour?" He tilted his head like a curious puppy.

"I just thought of it." I said. "Oh...come in." He moved out of the way. He pulled his robe to fully cover himself. "So what's the question?" He asked. "When does the beast come?" I thought it off the top of my head. "Oh I believe it only comes once a month..." He answered.

I slid my hands in my pocket and felt the knife in my hands. Just as I was about to pull it out and finish the job Leo tripped on the edge of the rug and fell on top of me. I laid there with Leo on top of me, this would be the perfect chance.

"Ow...what happened....?" He lifted his head and saw me under him. He gulped and frantically got up, fixing his robe. "I'm sorry!" He said sincerely. "Is everything ok?! I heard a huge thud!" Pisces came running in and was quite surprised at the sight of us, me on the floor and him looming above me.

Damn it, interrupted again. I didn't want any witnesses so I got up. "Sorry for the intrusion." I sad with a little bit of malice. "Thank you come again!" He waved cheerfully.

Aquarius POV

My thoughts were racing, this always happens. I had finally gone to sleep and my stomach woke me up now by the time I go back to bed the birds will be chirping. I sighed and sat on the edge of my bed, rubbing the sleep out of my eyes.

I hoped my village was alright...the thought was eating away at me so I decided to sneak out. I threw on a shawl and some slippers. I opened the door and gasped as I saw Virgo standing in the doorway. "Don't go." She whispered. "What?..." I furrowed my eyebrows.

"Don't go...don't go..." She repeated over and over again. "Virgo?" I held her by the shoulders. She finally stopped and blinked. "Aquarius don't go, it's dangerous, it's the beast." She pleaded. "Don't worry I can fight." I said and ran past her and out the door.

I walked down the trail and I stopped dead in my tracks. The stench was overwhelming. I saw a trail of blood going the same way I was. The adrenaline was kicking in and my reflexes were on alert.

I gagged at the smell and swatted the flies that surrounded me. My heart sank as I stared at my massacred village. "No..." I refused to accept it. My nose was now numb to the smell and I took a step in.

Dread began to fill my soul. There were piles of bodies and chunks of flesh everywhere, even the children were not hesitated to be killed. I saw three jagged claw marks in the ground and on the tree.

The beast, it has fed on my people. I fell to my knees in despair. I left them, I left them to die. I clenched my fists in the dirt and held in my screams. I felt a drop of wetness on my hands, it wasn't my tears, not yet.

I looked up and saw the gray sky that reflected my mood. The droplets fell on my cheeks and then more until I was soaked. I put my forehead to the ground and said a small prayer. Let them rest in peace for their battle is over, their death will not be in vain.

I lifted my head off the wet ground but kept my head hanging low, my long hair covering my face like a veil. My own salty tears streamed down my face as I sobbed loudly

The loud rain muted mournful screams and I felt my voice go hoarse and once I could scream anymore I sat there in silence.

I stood up and wiped the wet dirt off my knees, just smearing it even more

I stood up and wiped the wet dirt off my knees, just smearing it even more. My hair was still covering my face. I wobbled as I walked. I walked like a zombie all the way back to the castle. I saw the sun peeking from the clouds and noticed I was there for a few hours.

I shoved the doors open and walked in wet, dirty, and weak. People came rushing to see who it was. I probably looked hideous but I didn't care. I noticed I was dripping water everywhere but I couldn't move. The scene was stuck in my head, people literally ripped apart, chewed up, it made my stomach lurch.

"Aquarius..." Virgo stood in front of me. I held in my tears. "Y-you were right, I shouldn't have went." I couldn't hide the slight tremble in my voice. I saw Leo standing in front of me with a concerned look.

I gulped and fell to my knees, he came running, thinking I was injured. "What happened?!" He held me gently. "They're gone, dead, the beast took them...." I mumbled and leaned against him.

"We were late." Virgo fiddled with her fingers. "You didn't get a vision?" Leo glared at her. "I did, I just got it too late, after it happened." Virgo explained. I closed my eyes and let Leo's warmth soothe me to sleep.