005.

Kellin sighed and ran a hand through his hair as he looked at his reflection in the mirror, it was time to see his mate step up and become Alpha over the Pierced Veils Pack, Kellin couldn't help but to feel somewhat bitter, he should have been up there with Vic to accept it but he wasn't. He and Vic had successfully been able to stay away from one another ever since Vic came to the pack house, of course Alan wanted Kellin to just go talk to Vic about it all but Kellin couldn't do that. What right did he, an omega, have to talk to the future alpha even if he was Vic's mate?

"Ready to go Kells?" Alan asked looking over at the raven haired boy who simply shrugged his shoulders.

"As ready as I'll ever be," He mumbled and Alan took his hand and pulled Kellin out of the room with him.

"I swear to the Goddess, quit being so emo!" Alan exclaimed as the two walked out of the house together, well Alan walked; Kellin trudged. The two nodded at the funeral pyre that was now nothing more really except burned wood and some embers.

"I'm not being emo," Kellin mumbled, the scent of his mate infiltrating his nose. "I just don't want to be here."

"You haven't even talked to him yet! How do you know Alpha Vic is going to reject you if you haven't even spoken to him? Does he even know your name?" The ginger questioned the other omega who had his head hanging low and his hands shoved in his pockets.

"Doubt it, why would he? I'm just a loser omega." Kellin mumbled, Alan huffed but dropped the subject altogether and the two continued to the field where everyone was sitting in foldable wooden chairs that were placed in rows in front of the large stage that some of the men had set up.

"I just don-"

"Alan, hush, it's starting." Kellin told him as they sat in the two seats that were set in the far back, seats specially reserved for the omegas who didn't deserve to be with the rest of the pack. They were omegas, if anything, they should have considered it an honor to even get to be a part of the ceremony. Alan rolled his eyes as the new alpha walked on stage with the Council. Kellin grabbed Alan's hand, squeezing his hand tight as he watched his mate recite all of the promises and tell everyone he'd be the best alpha he can be and how he'd take care of his pack. Kellin couldn't, no matter how hard he tried, tear his eyes off of his mate. He was flawless, his mate was definitely handsome, and no one could ever deny that. And as selfish as it was, Kellin wanted his mate, more than he could ever express. But, it'd be selfish of him to ever be with a wolf as important and as powerful as his mate. Vic deserved a Luna who could help him run the pack and Kellin couldn't do that for him, he was just an omega after all.

"Have you found your mate yet, Victor?" One elder asked the man and Kellin's ears pricked up immediately focusing on whatever it was he had to say, and judging by the way Alan squeezed his hand he knew Alan was doing the same.

"No I haven't," Vic lied and Kellin's demeanor completely crumpled as he let go of Alan's hand.

"I told you so," He told Alan through the link sadly. Kellin stood up slowly, he could feel the eyes of not only Alan but Vic's as well as he quickly ran away from the ceremony, unable to handle being at the ceremony much longer.

"But," Vic started, taking note of the pain in his chest as the omega who was supposedly his mate ran off. "If I don't find my mate by the end of the year then I will be mating with one of the mateless she-wolves in the pack."

He felt bad for what he said, he knew it wrong and that the elders disapproved of anyone who didn't immediately accept their mates. But the omega couldn't possibly give him an heir could he? Not to mention Vic wasn't interested in guys whatsoever. He shook his head trying to get the omega off of his mind as he continued the ceremony, once it ended he immediately went to Austin who was giving him a disapproving look.

"What's that for?" He muttered and Austin shook his head as wolves started coming up to the two to show their respects to their new Alpha and Beta.

"You should just accept him, the Moon Goddess gave him to you for a reason." Austin told him through the link as they shook hands and gave hugs to everyone who came their way.

"He's an omega, he had to have known his whole life he'd be rejected."

"That doesn't mean it still doesn't hurt him, did you even notice he ran away from the ceremony in tears?" Austin asked Vic.

And Vic did see, he saw how hurt the omega was and he felt guilty for hurting him, hurting his mate but he just couldn't be with him. Not only because he wasn't gay but, because the pack would never respect him if not only was his mate a male but also an omega as well. It just wasn't a good idea to accept the omega at all, but he couldn't seem to bring himself to go talk to his mate and reject him either.

The last wolf came up and it was the ginger omega who his mate was seen with a lot. Austin immediately stood up straighter as soon as he saw him, the ginger omega's scent flooded Austin's nose and took over his senses. The smile that was growing on his nose fell though when he noticed his mate didn't even notice him as he glared at Vic.

"You haven't even been the fucking alpha for an hour and you've already fucked up. Do you even know his name?"

"Know whose name?" Vic asked the boy utterly confused.

"Your mate's name. Do. You. Know. It?" He asked his alpha once again slowly.

"I don't have a mat-"

"Save your bullshit for someone who'll listen like your idiot beta or the rest of this stupid pack, you know who I'm talking about now answer the question!" He said poking Vic's chest, causing the man to let out a low growl at the omega.

"Vic," Austin warned getting overprotective of his underage mate. "Calm down, just answer his question; do you know your mate's name?"

Vic rolled his eyes, "No I don't, and I don't want to either."

"It's Kellin," The ginger spat glaring daggers at the Alpha and Beta. "His name is Kellin Quinn and he's way too good for a piece of shit like you." He informed Vic before stomping off.

Vic didn't even bother getting onto the omega as the name raced around his mind.

Kellin, his mates name was Kellin.