010.

It had been a week since Kellin had kissed Vic and he didn't know what to do.

He felt something for his mate, of course that was inevitable, but was what he felt only because of the mate bond between them? That was the only connection they had together, Vic, never in his life had he been in the slightest attracted to a man. Never in his life yet, here he was locked in his office, not letting in a single soul as he thought about what he was going to do.

Should he just go ahead and show Kellin he's okay with being his mate? That he was attracted to Kellin, that he wanted nothing more than to mark him and show the whole world that Kellin was his mate and only his?

No, Vic couldn't just do that, who knew how his pack would take it? And at this point, Vic doubted he'd ever be able to even fix it with Kellin. The right thing though, would be to just accept Kellin as his mate and make it right.

But, he was scared.

He didn't know the first thing about being with a guy, would it be different? Vic could tell that Kellin was definitely more feminine than the average guy. So, maybe it would be just like being with a girl, he had spoken with an elder who had confirmed that Kellin had all the organs needed to procreate. So while on the outside, Kellin looked like a normal, albeit feminine guy, his insides were a complete opposite, which had Vic sort of wondering whether Kellin even identified as a guy like he assumed or if he- they leaned towards being a girl instead. He'd have to ask to make sure.

Vic had done enough to hurt Kellin, he didn't need to add dysphoric to the list of things he'd made Kellin feel.

Vic sighed.

It was time to quit stalling, he had to do the right thing, even if it slightly terrified him.

He was going to accept Kellin and show him- them that he would be a good- no a perfect mate to Kellin.

Because after that kiss, Vic could no longer deny the feelings, no longer act like Kellin didn't even exist, not when he spent every waking minute thinking about Kellin, not when he dreamt of his raven haired mate nightly.

Vic got up from his desk –he practically lived there- and before he could talk himself out of it, left his office and let the mate bond guide him to Kellin. He found himself at the top of the back stairway in front of a door he'd never even been in before.

Without knocking, Vic opened the door to find Kellin laying on an old mattress on the ground glaring up at the ceiling. It disgusted him that his mate was just treated like nothing.

"Kellin," he said softly as Kellin glanced at him before his eyes flicked back up to the ceiling.

"Do you just want to hurt his feelings again?" Someone asked from the other side of the room. Vic glanced over to find the other omega, Alan glaring at him. "It's been a week since he's gotten out of that bed. He won't eat, he won't talk he won't even listen to me. And it's your fault Vic." Alan spat at Vic angrily, it pissed him off that Vic thought he could just come in here, hurt Kellin whenever he wants and not do anything about it.

"Alan get out," Vic said glaring at him.

"No," He said stubbornly and moved to stand in front of Kellin protectively

"Alan, just get out," Kellin said quietly and sat up on his little mattress. "Please?"

Alan huffed and stomped out of the room, not before he stopped to glare at Vic.

"Don't you dare fucking hurt him. I may be just an omega but I will make you wish you had never been born." He said quietly in Vic's ear before he left the room altogether.

Vic rolled his eyes and sat next to Kellin, running his fingers through his hair slowly.

"Kellin," he said softly. "I am so, so sorry."

Kellin sighed, he didn't want to hear anymore of Vic's excuses, if this was Vic's way to leading up to rejecting him at least he was taking the "letting him down easy" tactic this time and not one that was going to make him cry.

Vic moved so that he was facing Kellin, he took his mates hands in his own, staring into his eyes. Sometimes they seemed to be a sea green others they were almost like a gunmetal blue. They were beautiful, and much to Vic's shock, he thought Kellin was just beautiful.

It shouldn't have shocked him but it did, mainly because he never found a man beautiful but Vic was past that, he'd accepted the fact that he thought Kellin was beautiful, and that he was attracted to him.

"I will never be able to express how sorry I am for putting you through all of that unnecessary bullshit and that's why," Vic let out a slow breath and closed his eyes for just a brief moment. "That's why I, Victor Vincent Fuentes, Alpha of the Pierced Veils pack accept you, Omega Kellin Quinn Bostwick as my mate." Vic told him smiling slightly as Kellin squeezed his mate's hands tighter than ever.

"Are yo- are you serious?" He whispered, "Vic you can't reject me now, y-you can't back out now." Kellin said just as Vic felt his chest tighten just the slightest before he felt the mate bond strengthen more than it already was.

Once they marked and mated one another it'd be even stronger.

Vic nodded, "Yeah, I'm serious Kellin. I'm not going to mark you yet though. Mainly because I want to take this slow, not because I'm ashamed of you but, because I want you to be comfortable around me, and I want us to get to actually know one another before we move any further, I also don't want you to accept me until you're sure-"

"I Kellin Quinn Bostwick accept you Alpha Victor Vincent Fuentes as my mate," Kellin whispered quietly, smiling at his mate. "I don't want to take this slow Vic, but I understand that this is still new to you and I want to give you some time to get used to it. So, I'm okay with you not marking me yet."

Vic grinned and pressed his lips, hesitantly, tenderly to Kellin's. Almost as though he was just a little scared to even do it.

Kellin smiled against Vic's lips, silently praying to the moon goddess that maybe Vic was serious about this. What Kellin didn't know though was that, Vic had never been so serious about anything his whole life.