013.

Austin ran up the stairs to talk to Vic, ever since he had Kellin tell him about his little mate he'd been planning.

Austin was going to woo Alan, he was going to get really close to him, that way, when Alan turned eighteen in May, he wouldn't possibly get pissed that he got stuck with Austin as his mate or something like that. But, if what Kellin said was true, then there was a chance that Alan would be pissed because Austin kept the fact that they were mates from him.

But the beta couldn't just go tell him that they were mates, that wasn't allowed, it was against the rules. Alan had to find out for himself, Austin couldn't just tell him.

If he could get close to Alan though, get him to like him maybe there was a chance the cute little ginger wouldn't be as pissed. Or well Austin at least hoped that's what would happen. As he strode up the stairs, the burning cinnamon-y smell of his mate flooded his nose just as the small boy ran into him.

Austin glance down at Alan who glared at him hatefully.

"Watch where you're fucking going dipshit!" He yelled, "Just because I'm a fucking small omega doesn't mean I don't exist!"

Austin gave the small omega an amused smile that just pissed Alan off even more.

"And just because you're a stupid giant of a beta doesn't mean you get to do whatever the hell you want! I was just walking and minding my own business and you just had to fucking run into me! I'm small, not invisible! Besides, you should have fucking noticed a bright red head walking past! My hair makes me pretty fucking noticeable!"

The tall beta crossed his arms and smirked as he cocked his head to one side, "You know, you're pretty cute when you get angry like that," he stated, watching as Alan's face turned bright red and his eyes widened ever so slightly.

"W-what?" He stammered, completely caught off guard.

"You heard me," Austin sang, rocking back and forth on his heels. "Now, if you don't mind. I need to speak with the Alpha."

It was still so strange to refer to Vic as the Alpha, after years of partying with him, it was just weird that his best friend was now in charge of around 2,000 werewolves. He held their safety and their lives in his hands now.

Which was just insane since Vic was the most immature frat boy Austin had ever met, of course he had changed since then, they both did.

It still perplexed Austin that Vic asked him to be his beta, two stupid frat boys probably weren't the best leaders. But, like Vic had since they came into these roles, Austin had matured quite a bit.

"Oh uh... yeah," Alan said awkwardly still blushing. "T-tell Alpha Fuentes that uh I need to talk to him later."

Austin nodded, "See you later Princess," he said and ruffled the ginger's hair.

Alan scowled as he watched Austin amble off when he got pushed against the wall as a lanky girl, otherwise known as Pamela ran past.

"Move it you stupid omega," she muttered and ran up to the beta. Alan scowled and clenched his fists, prepared to punch the bitch in her stupid face.

"Beta Carlile!" She yelled once she caught up to Austin who suppressed a groan.

He couldn't stand Pam, ever since he got drunk at the welcome party the pack threw and slept with the she-wolf. Pamela hadn't left him alone.

It was a huge mistake, especially since she was now practically obsessed with him.

It was starting to frighten Austin.

The beta forced a smile, "Hey Pammy, what's up?"

"Oh nothing, I was just looking for my cute little boyfriend," she said with a giggle and Austin's eyebrows shot up.

"You have a boyfriend?"

Pamela giggled again and poked Austin's nose, "Of course I do silly!" She stated, "It's you!"

Austin's eyes widened, "Uh what?"

She rolled her eyes and grabbed his hands swinging them slightly, "You're so silly, anyway I was thinking we could go out on a little date later?" She said and leaned in to give Austin a kiss. Austin held back his look of disgust at the kiss.

Alan chuckled from where he was standing as he watched the two, he could tell Austin looked absolutely uncomfortable as he spoke with Pamela and while Alan was still slightly embarrassed from what transpired between the two of them, he couldn't just leave Austin with the psycho. He had to save his poor beta, Alan pushed off of the wall and pulled up the stupid omega charade he used with most of the pack mates.

"B-beta Carlile," he stammered in a quiet voice and tugged on his sleeve.

Pamela sneered at him, "Get the fuck out of here, can't you see we're busy."

Alan paid no attention to the she-wolf as he looked at Austin, "I-I know you're busy but I uh I need your help."

Austin stared at him curiously for a second, what happened to the hotheaded omega from before? Then it clicked, Alan was trying to help him out.

"Oh uh sure," Austin said. "What do you need?"

"Babe, just ignore him, come on let's go have some fun," Pamela huffed.

"I-I- Kellin's getting beat up again," he mumbled, it was true though, Kellin had been getting shit from a few wolves all day. When Alan had tried to intervene when one of them hit Kellin, his best friend had just told him to leave it be.

"I'm sorry Pam, I gotta go," Austin said and let Alan pull him away. "You are a wonderful little wolf." He stated once they were out of ear shot.

Alan grinned, "I know I am, but seriously though. Kellin's been getting beat up by pack wolves all day. That's why I need to talk to Alpha Fuentes."

Austin frowned, "What happened?"

"People are dicks." Alan said bitterly as they walked to Vic's office. "Why do you need to talk to the Alpha?"

Austin shrugged, "I need to see what he wants me to do today, you know, my beta duties or whatever."

Alan nodded, "Alright, well I guess we can just go to his office together."

The beta nodded, "So why didn't you do something to help him? I mean you're Mr. Hothead, you could get them to leave Kellin alone."

"Kellin didn't want me to, besides, I'm just an omega there's not much I can really do." He explained just as they got to Vic's office and Austin walked in.

"I swear to god Austin I'm going to kill Kellin!" Vic ranted.

The two wolves raised their eyebrows, "What?" Austin asked.

"He doesn't want me to go out there and fucking get the wolves to stop!" The Alpha yelled. "All morning he's been getting the shit beat out of him!"

"Then go stop it!"

"He told me if I did he'd never forgive me!"

Austin and Alan both glared at him, "Go." They both ordered and Vic gave them a scared look.

"I don't want Kellin to fucking hate me for helping him!"

"He told me to just let it go too," Alan said. "But that doesn't matter, he doesn't deserve that so march your ass down there and help him. Even if it means you have to deal with an angry Kellin."

Vic growled lowly and Austin gave him a look, "I'm with Alan, just risk his wrath."

"Fine but when he yells at me I'm going to kick both of you out of the pack," he muttered and stormed past the two wolves.

Austin chuckled and looked over at Alan, "Those two are an interesting couple aren't they?"

Alan nodded, "That's one way to put it." He said and sent Austin a small smile.

Austin returned the smile, he couldn't wait until Alan learned they were mates, they'd be an even better couple than Vic and Kellin. 

Okay so I got ten chapters up tonight and hope to get more than that tomorrow but I need sleep if I'm gonna wake up tomorrow so goodnight my guys, gals and non-binary pals (I love saying that XD)