TWELVE ✔️

The group had to stay in a motel until the Seattle situation was settled

The group had to stay in a motel until the Seattle situation was settled. Aurora was in charge of purchasing room, as she was deemed the most 'approachable'.

It was hard to restrain herself from lunging across the counter and biting into the lady at the front desk, but she managed, smiling as they worked out how many rooms and beds they would need.

The lady seemed to assume there were two couple and a single amongst the group- no doubt straight in her mind. She suggested three single rooms, and they accepted.

As a result, Aurora and Jane shared one room, while the other three fought over who would get to be alone. Alec won, forcing Demetri and Felix into the third together; neither seemed particularly happy about the situation.

Jane and Aurora had spent a great deal of time together, but never with as much free time as they were now presented with. Aurora found she had come to know less about Jane than she would have hoped.

"Jane?" she asked, sitting down on the end next to the blonde. She was staring at the tv, which was playing Titanic, with disinterest. "I wanted to ask about your past." That caught her attention. She quickly turned off the tv and turned to look at the newborn. "You don't have to of course! I'll go first, even."

"I was born in California. We lived there for three years. When I was eight, I was at school when a friend of my parents pulled me out. She said that there had been a fire. My parents didn't make it out alive. I was put into a foster system. Eventually I ended up in Forks with an easygoing family that had adopted about five other kids. I was the eldest so they didn't pay too much attention to me. Then I met the Cullen's and you know the rest."

She nodded, putting a hesitant hand on Aurora's arm. Comfort flooded through the redhead at her touch. Jane tensed, before beginning to divulge her story.

"It's just been a while since I've talked about our past." She began. Aurora turned her body inward, to face Jane. "Alec and I were born during a time where many were being tried as witches. The fact that our mother had twins put us in a bad starting point. Having twins wasn't exactly approved of. But then bad things happened to those who were mean to us, and we were labeled as witches. One night they snuck in and grabbed Alec and me. They tied us up to stakes and cheered as they lit us on fire."

Aurora's eyes widened at the start of her story, feeling sorry already. "Our mother fought for us but was killed. Alec had closed his eyes, hoping for the pain to disappear- that how he got his power."

"How did you get your power?"

"When I looked over the townspeople I wanted nothing more then for them to feel the pain I felt. I wanted them to suffer." She said.

"Aro saved us before we died. He changed us. He had actually been watching over us since we were young, suspecting we would have valuable gifts." Jane continued, "He killed the other townspeople and we were officially apart of his coven." She finished. Aurora's red eyes were as wide as saucers.

"I have my gift because I wanted to bring pain to them. I still enjoy it." She cleared her throat. "I'm a psychopath."

"No psychopath would admit that they where one." Aurora shuffled closer, "Besides, I think the correct term is sadist."

"Not helpful."