TWENTY-SIX ✔️

The fire between the Volturi and Cullens was dwindling

The fire between the Volturi and Cullens was dwindling. Tensions were lessened and relief and disappointment filled the air. Many were disappointed that they couldn't fight, take down the competing coven. For all the Cullen's, they were relieved, joyous even.

Aurora was relieved. She didn't want to be forced to make the decision between her old friends and her new family. She couldn't bare the thought of losing anyone, and couldn't help but let a grin tug at her lips when the confrontation came to a controversial end.

"Master?" She met his disappointed eyes with her own hopeful ones. She gestured to the Cullens. "May I say goodbye personally?"

Aro grit his teeth, clearly bitter from the events that had unraveled. He nodded hesitantly, glancing at Jane. "Be quick, my dear. Jane, accompany her." With that, he turned with a swish of his cloak, speeding off into woods, his guards and witnesses following behind him, save for Jane.

Once he had left, Aurora sped over to the Cullen family, specifically Bella and Edward. Jane walked at human pace to her side, giving her a moment of privacy, though it was likely she could hear with her enhanced hearing.

"Bella!" She exclaimed in greeting, not giving the brunette time to reply before she was pulled into a hug. "I see married life is treating you well," she remarked as she stepped away. Her eyes found her friend's daughter's, and she bent down to the young girl's height. "I'm Aurora. You can call me Auntie Rory."

Renesmee smiled shyly at the Volturi, tentatively reaching a hand up to cup the red head's cheek. Aurora instantly saw flashes of the child's life, memories of Bella and Edward floating around in her head.

"That's spectacular," she remarked to the small girl, moving from her kneeled position to stand face to face with Bella. "You are very lucky to have been gifted with a child." Bella smiled at this, laying a head on her daughter's head and running it through her hair.

"And now you've been gifted with a goddaughter."

Aurora paused at that, her hand reaching up and finding themselves cradled at her chest. "God daughter? You want me to be godmother?"

Bella nodded, smiling softly at her friend. "If you accept. I understand if you don't want-"

"I would love to!" Aurora clapped her hands enthusiastically, turning around to her girlfriend, who was many feet away. "Hear that, Jane? I'm a god mother." She let out a huff at Jane's distance, a piece of hair blowing up as she did so. "Get your butt over here and meet my goddaughter, gosh darn it!"

The blonde seemed to roll her eyes, before using her vampire speed to stand next to Aurora. Renesmee hid behind Edward's leg when she appeared. "Congratulations. My apologies for the circumstances of our meeting."

Edward frowned but nodded, "We forgive you."

Jane nodded, seeming to not care about his acceptance, "We have to leave soon, Aurora. Caius is very impatient, more so after what just happened.

Aurora nodded, and turned her attention to Edward as he spoke. "Aurora, I owe you an apology." Aurora's eyebrows knit together in confusion, her eyes moving up wards as she tried to think of what he could possibly be apologizing for. "We had no right to abandon you in Italy, even if we knew you would happy. You should've gotten a say in the matter."

Aurora shook her head, rejecting his apology. "I understand. I would have done the same if it was Jane in Bella's position." She cast a smile the blonde's way, clutching her hand. "Love makes us do odd things, things we would otherwise consider inexcusable."

Edward smiled at Aurora, a silent understanding passing between the two. Bella spoke next, her eyes focused on Jane. "I owe you both an apology, Jane most of all. I didn't understand how you could be with her, you are such opposites. But I can see you truly care about one another, despite your harsh exterior, I know Aurora cares about you. I'm sorry."

Jane glanced at Aurora, who nudged the blonde to speak. "I accept your apology. And I am a bit grateful you abandoned her," she held up a hand to silence Edward, "Just because she has forgiven you doesn't mean I have."

Edward shut his mouth, nodding grudgingly at Jane.

"But thank you, for introducing me to someone I couldn't imagine the rest of eternity without."

Bella laughed nervously, "Save that line for the vows." She frowned when she caught the look shared between Aurora and Jane.

Aurora smiled nervously, but pulled Bella into a hug, "It was nice to see you. Though I wish the circumstances were different." She stepped back and put the hood off her cloak up. "Drop by anytime to see Auntie Rory and Aunt Jane!"

Jane frowned, "I didn't agree to that."

Aurora paid her comment no mind, just grinned, "ALSO, UNCLE DEMETRI AND FELIX!"She added. Then she smirked at Jane, "Race you to the tree line!" She smiled at Bella, running away leaving Jane to catch up. She could feel the lightness in the air, relief flowing through her.

For once, she looked forward to the future.