Meet up

Then:
What is love? What does it even mean? Is there a way to describe it scientifically? I don't know.

I never really knew how to cope by being both human and werewolf. Stuff like this wasn't for me, it's all a blur - life, love, everything.

I do not belong here, I was supposed to die hundreds of years ago, curse those Moon spirits and their ability to reconstruct someone's life.

I was on my way to the café, because that's where Katherine works, I don't know why but something made me grow attached to her.

'Is there anything you'd like sir?' She said as she was getting her notebook and pen.

'Just a coffee will do, thanks, Kate.' I said.

She looked up and saw that it was me that she was serving.

'Oh wow. Chris I'm so sorry. I got distracted with a few things.'

'Like?'

'Well for starters. There's this party I'm having today and I have no one to help me.'

'Well if you want, I can help.'

'Sure, if you're not too busy.'

'Nope. I'm free for the whole day.'

'Great thanks. I should go get your coffee.'

After the coffee, which I enjoyed, I had to wait until Katherine's shift ends, which gave me enough time to hunt so that I could keep my energy going. It turns out that a deer is a bit tastier than a human and it turns out I'm making progress.

Later that day I went to Katherine's house and knocked on the door. A tall, muscular man- who looked a bit old- opened the door.

'Hi I'm Chris I'm a friend of Katherine. Is she home?' I asked.

'I'm John, Katherine's father. She'll be down soon. You may come in.'

'Thanks.'

'So did you say you're a friend or-'

'Oh dad leave him be. He's just a friend who's come to help me with Melissa's party.' Katherine said when she came down the stairs.

'Ok. Whatever you say.' Her father said as he opened the door. 'He better just be a friend!'
He went out and closed the door behind him. I turned to Kate and we faced each other.

'So your father seems like a loving guy.' I said.

'Trust me, this is the nicest that he's been.'

'Really?'

'Yeah with work and all, it's just too much stress for him.'

'Oh. Where does he work?'

'He works in the CIA. He just left to go and discuss some business.'

'Did you say CIA?'

'Yes why?'

'Nothing never mind. Hey do you know anything they're busy with.'

'Well I'm not supposed to say anything, but we have been having some serious werewolf  problems. The CIA is planning on killing both vampires and wolves.'

Trying to kill us? We can't help it if we attack people. We're just trying to survive.

'Are you okay? You seem to look a little dull.'

'I'm fine. I'm just surprised that's all... don't you think that it's a bit unfair to do that. I mean, immortals are only trying to survive.'

'I never question my dad or how he works. And I don't think you should either.'

This is what I hate about humans. All these stupid rules that they have because they are all cowards and will never except to be at the bottom of the food chain.

They can try to kill us, but we're not going down without a fight.