Katherine's Capture

(This part of the story is told by our main character's lover...)

Now:
'What do you want from me you filthy bloodsuckers?!' I shouted.

I may have been terrified, but beneath all that fear I found confidence and anger in my voice.

It all happened so fast, the way they kidnapped me, I thought I was going to die. I thought I was going to be their meal.

It was hard for me and Chris to cope. We had to stay cautious, especially after he killed my father.

I thought I wouldn't have forgiven him, but I did. He's my mate, it took me a while to realise that but I do now.

'What we want is to use you as bait in order to lure your boyfriend to us.' A woman answered.

'Let me go! NOW!!' I demanded.

'No can do princess. You see if we don't kill your mate, the military will hunt us down.' Replied a man from behind me.

'You won't get away with this. Chris will come for me and he'll kill all of you within a heartbeat.' I warned.

'You know what, I've had enough of your talking. Sebastian take her out!' Ordered the woman.

The man walked in front of me and knocked me out by giving me an excruciating punch.

Then:
While I was unconscious memories played in my head. Like the time Chris introduced me to his Pack.

It was dark and they were sitting in the woods, surrounding a fire. I remember all of their names:

Mike (who was my favorite), Kevin (who doesn't really like me), Erik, Jack, Alex and Sam. I was concerned about Kevin not liking me.

'Don't worry it's not your fault, he just needs to learn to smile more.' Chris told me that day.

He hugged me extremely tight, and after that I didn't care. Which was good, if it wasn't for Kevin I wouldn't be in this situation.

A few weeks after Chris introduced me, the military got an anonymous call saying that Chris was the one who killed my father and that if he dies so does every other wolf.

And they believed him, they believed his lie. Yes Chris killed my father but killing him won't kill the rest of the wolves.

Kevin was the real threat. After he called the military they immediately breached Chris's house. They had to fight their way out.

And now the entire city's on lock down. No one can come in and no one can come out. We're forever trapped.

Kevin told the rest of the pack that Chris was to blame for this.

'He gave his heart to a human and now look where that's left us.' Kevin said.

'Don't listen to him!' Chris protested. 'You were the one who gave the military our address.'

'Don't blame this on me Chris. I wasn't the one who decided to kill a commanding officer and then date his daughter. This is all on you. You are no longer fit to lead this pack. I'm taking over.'

'No you're not. You don't get to decide whether you should lead the pack or not. I'm the Alpha here not you!' Chris growled.

'Well then let's vote on it guys. Do you want an Alpha who puts you all in danger or do you want an Alpha who's not afraid to fight for what's right.'

The entire pack moved behind Kevin as if they have already chosen their Alpha.

'Well it looks like I win.' Kevin grinned.

'You won't get away with this.' Chris said through gritted teeth.

'Oh yeah. Well I just did.' Kevin replied.

Kevin walked away and the rest of the pack followed him without looking back, all except Mike.

'Mike you have to believe that I would never put you in danger.' Chris pleaded.

'I believe you. I promise that I will keep you updated on what happens in the pack.' Mike said.

'Thank you.'

They hugged and then Chris watched as Mike disappeared in the woods, and I stood there silently behind Chris.

I was surprised to see that Kevin easily got away with that. I was surprised to see that the pack easily gave up on their Alpha...

'What happens now?' I asked.

'Nothing... They gave up on me Kate... They're the only family I ever had and they left...'

I didn't know what to say, but I knew that he was hurting and I couldn't resist reaching for his hand. I knew Chris needed me more than ever.