Time of mourning

Then:
I felt bad after killing John. I wanted to walk up to Katherine, but I decided not to. The last thing I'd want to do is feel sympathetic.

I didn't even meet her in the woods, even though I was the one who told her to see me there. The day after the funeral was even more tragic.

The whole city was on lock down. None could go in, none could go out, it was like a prison. All of this, because of me. There was less trust in my Pack now even Mike was disappointed in me.

Thousands of immortals were killed. Werewolves, vampires were now known as endangered species. At least only to ourselves.

'Look what you've done, Chris.' Kevin said.

'I told you to leave me alone.' I told him.

'I did, but now seeing what you've done, I've asked myself: Would this have happened if I was in charge? No it wouldn't because I'm not as stupid as you.'

That shot a nerve and I grabbed Kevin by the neck.

'Go ahead. Finish me once and for all. I know you want to.'

I couldn't, I couldn't kill a wolf, what will that make me? So I dropped him and walked away.

'You're a coward, Chris. And you always have been.'

I didn't pay attention to what he told me because there's nothing else that could hurt me, I had to see Kate now. She was the only one in that house now.

I knocked on the door and she opened it.

'Chris.' She said.

'Hi. Can I come in?' I asked. 'I need to talk to you.'

'Sure.'

I walked inside and she closed the door.

'So what do you want to talk about?'

'Well I can't exactly tell you, but I can show you.'

'You're not gonna leave me alone in the woods again are you?'

'No this is different.'

'Okay so what is it?'

'Look. I don't want you to freak out after what I'm about to show you.'

'Okay I won't freak out. Promise.'

I took a few steps back and transformed into a black wolf.
Katherine stared at me for a while and then spoke.

'You're a wolf? Why didn't you tell me sooner? All those people you killed. What about my dad? Did you kill him too? Did you kill my father?!'

I nodded and she started crying. I walked towards her, wanting to comfort her, bit she pushed me away.

'Stay away from me! Leave. Now!'

I walked out the door, not even bothering to turn into a human, I didn't care whether I would be caught or not.

The last thing I did when I walked out that door was a howl. What was I thinking?

'I'm sorry Chris. About Katherine. I know how it feels to love and to have that love be taken away.' Mike said from behind

'No you don't. None of you know how to love. You're all dead, so am I. I don't deserve to be your Alpha. Kevin was right.'

'Well maybe now is probably the best time to tell you that Kevin has taken over.'

'What do you mean?'

'The Pack chose him over you. You're no longer alpha. You've been kicked out of the Pack.'

'Fucking asshole. You know what, I don't even care anymore. He deserves to be Alpha.'

'But what will happen to you?'

'I'll be in my house and drink as if there's no tomorrow. Besides, I've ruined people's lives far enough.'

'Well then... goodbye. Chris.'

'Yeah. Goodbye. Tell Kate I'm sorry.'

'I will.'