Too many wounds

Then:
After 2 hours the decorations,  food and everything else were set up. There was nothing else to do and my work there was done. I was about to walk out the door when Katherine called me.

'Chris! You're not thinking of leaving so soon are you?' She asked.

'There's nothing else I could do for you.' I told her

'Well you could always stay for the party'

'I'm not really a party type of guy.'

'You're fucking with me right?'

'Nope. Deadly serious.'

'Okay. You don't need to dance or anything just talk to some people.'

People? If I stay and people walk through that door I'm going to starve. The smell of human flesh is what drives me to kill.

'Look, Kate-'

'No. I get it. You're not really a people person and I'm cool with that, but every person should have fun.'

'I can't right now.'

'Right. So I'll probably see you whenever.'

'Tomorrow morning there will be a gift left for you beside the window.' I said. 'Goodbye Katherine.'

'Goodbye, Chris.'

It was hard, and Kate is probably angry at me, but I was going to make it up to her with a rose and a note that said:

'Sorry I couldn't stay for the party, meet me in the woods and I'll tell you why.'

Yep. I was going to tell her that I'm a werewolf. My Pack wasn't going to like it, but for her I'll take the risk.

'She's not worth it Chris. Just give it up, she doesn't know you like her and she probably never will.' Kevin said.

'Well I don't care what you say. I'm going to tell her tomorrow.'

'You cannot tell her that you're a werewolf. She'll tell her father and the military will hunt both you and the rest of the pack.'

'Were you spying on us?'

'Yes I was, and to be honest I am craving to get a bite on that human.'

'Just try to get your hands on her.'

'Her father works with the CIA. What would you do?'

'I'm already working on that and I'm going to get really close to him.'

'That's not going to work! If he finds out what you're doing he's going to kill you.'

'Kevin, I want you to take your bullshit and leave. You're out of the pack.'

'You are putting every single immortal in danger.'

'Kevin leave now! And never come back.'

He just walked away, and I had a feeling that the entire pack was standing behind the trees. Watching us.

I was not going to stand there like a little bitch while the humans were trying to kill us. John would be the source of all this, which means I have to kill him.

'Chris? Is that you?'

'Kate? What are you doing here?'

'I was going to ask you the same thing. I mean you're all alone out here in the woods.'

'I'm just on my way home.'

'You live in the middle of the woods?'

'Yeah.'

'Don't you know there's wolves here? You could get killed.'

'I'll be fine. I can take care of myself.'

'If you say so. Just be careful okay.'

'Same to you.'

She disappeared into the woods trying to get herself home. I turned into a wolf so that I could track her and make sure she gets home safely.

She stopped once she heard something and it couldn't have been me. So I tried to pick up the scent and it smelt very familiar.

It smelt like Kevin. I looked around to see if I could find him and I did. The sneaky white wolf was making his way toward Kate.

He pounced out of the shadows and I too jumped out so that I could push him away from Kate.

Kate watched as we growled at each other. Kevin jumped right on me, trying to attack me, but I was too strong for him.

I pushed Kevin away from me and sinked my teeth into his right back leg. I kept my teeth in it, trying to rip it apart and I could hear both Kate's and Kevin's cries.

I let go of Kevin's leg and he ran away, dragging his hurt leg. I turned around to look at Kate, she was scared, frightened. There was blood all over my mouth.

I walked away, because I didn't want to scare her any further. My entire life is a nightmare, I can't like one girl, without anything bad happening.