Chapter 6

Jungkook POV

Sitting here in silence with the person you love is heartbreaking. It's even more so when the person you love is the one that's injured. Hurts even more when it's partly your fault. It's almost intolerable when you don't even know if you have a right to be there because you don't know if he feels the same way as you.

Sitting here in this quiet room, the only sound you hear is the heartbeat monitor beeping and the steady breaths of your loved one, it gives you so much time to think. That can either be dangerous or helpful. Right now I think I'm thinking too much. I'm lost in thought.

'What if he wakes up, see's me, and tells me to leave? What if he says he never wants to see me or be near me? What if he says he hates me because I put him in here? What if...what if...

What if he doesn't like me?

What do I do then?

He will know how I feel about him but I'll be broken down and lonely while he moves on. Probably with Kari too. They are almost inseparable. Once news gets out that Brie and I broke up...

If the world figures out why, nothing will be the same.'

Lost in thought I almost didn't feel the hand grab mine. I almost didn't feel when it gently squeezes mine.

I had felt it. I instantly look to the broken looking man. His eyes slightly open. Just a bit. I rise to my feet.

"Jimin?"

He tries to sit up but I stop him.

"No. No. Stay down. You need rest."

He tries to speak.

"No. Please don't Chim Chim...stay quiet...you'll hurt yourself...I don't want you to hurt anymore."

His eyes open wider so I know he's fully awake. He glances around and sighs. He still has ahold of my hand but when he realizes this he releases my hand. His face gets slightly red.

"Do you remember what happened?"

He looks away and nods.

"Only...a little." He says slowly and quietly.

"Well...what do you remember..."

He sits up a little so he can talk to me properly.

"I remember running from you...you said something...then you yelled at me to watch out and I was confused...I don't remember after that."

"You...um...got hit...by a car."

His eyes widen in shock and he looks around the room more aware and notices where he is.

"How bad?" He asks quietly. At first I don't understand what he is asking for but then I realize what he means ' how long is he going to be in here?'

"The doctors said two months" I frown.

His eyes get tears in them. I feel my heart break into more pieces. Then I wonder if he remembers what I said.

"Chim Chim..."

"Hmm?"

"Do you remember the reason why you ran?"

"No, I don't remember clearly."

"Oh."

"Was it important? I mean obviously it was...I got hit because of it...the better question is...do I want to know?"

'Should he know? I think he should but I don't want to cause him more trouble...'

I shake my head no.

"It's nothing too drastic."

I look down and play with my fingers.

Jimin POV

I can't believe he just lied to me...especially after I just got hit by a car. Why would he do that. Is he ashamed? Of me? Of himself? Maybe he is looking at me now and is rethinking me.

'No Jimin...he's all you ever wanted...you can let him walk away from you. Not now...you even got hit by a car because he kept chasing you...he wanted to talk this through and it was your fault because you ran and wouldn't stop...you owe him this.'

"Jungkook...actually....I do remember...you and Brie broke up and I heard you say that you love me...I heard you say it and I got scared. I got scared because I started loving you about 5 months ago and 5 months ago is when I realized that I liked guys. And hearing you say out loud that you loved me back...I thought it was a trick of my mind. It terrified me."

He looks at me kinda shocked.

"You only recently discovered yourself? I knew when I was 13...I loved you the moment we had our first conversation. You always showed interest in girls so I never tried anything...Hell I even thought you wanted to date Kari....I never thought...you would feel the same."

I smile at him. Taking his hand I rub it gently. I go to talk but he beats me to it.

"You know I realize that I may have realized I was gay before you...but I think I'm more scared than you are...Chim Chim if we are ever willing to go farther than confessing to one another...we'll have to tell the guys, Kari, our fans, our company. I'm not sure I could do that yet...but at the same time...I don't want to pretend like my emotions aren't there. I don't want to have to look at you and pretend I don't want to hug you and kiss you...I'm scared."

Did I just get hit...again....by a train?

"I...you think I'm not scared? I'm terrified. Kookie. At the same time though...I know that it wouldn't matter what other people thought of me...as long as I'm with you...you won't have to pretend to do anything. It's 2017...people don't have the same way of thinking as they did before. Jeon Jungkook. When I get out of here...the first thing I want to do is take you out on a date. At least let me do that? Hmmm? Please?"

He stays silent for some time. Before looking me in the eyes.

"Okay. We can go on a date Jimin...thank you."

"Anything for you."

He smiles and then stands up.

"I'll be back...I wanna call the others and tell them your awake. I'll get the doctor too." He comes closer and pecks me on the forehead. He gets flustered and rushes out the door.

"You won't regret it...I promise..." I whisper to myself.

~~~~~~~~~

Hope you enjoyed ❤

~ Kai